Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

kylbie

PJ721

Quote from: eeky on October 24, 2006, 12:03:44 PM
Of all the people I race with Mr. Kern is the most likely to attempt an unsafe pass. It's not the first time he has run people off the track. I my brief investigation I found one of his ASRA TB competitors who has been run off the track twice by Mr. Kern. In my brief investigation of Mr. Kern I was not able to find one single peer who had anything positive to say about him. In my brief investigation of Mr. Kern 99% of his peers were willing to go on record as stating that Mr. Kern is a problem rider and has been for some time. The one ASRA peer who would not go on record actually had the most interesting things to say about him. As I do respect this particular individual I will not repeat his comments as he has asked me not to do so.

I've watched and have been in several CCS races over the last 2 years with Nate...and I for one have never had any problems with him - or have seen him, or heard of him running people off of the track. Maybe Ed is right - maybe Nate is right....there is and always will be 2 sides to every story. But to say that Nate is an unsafe rider is just wrong. And to say that 99% of Nate's peers think he is a problem rider is down right absurd.

Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

catman

:thumb:Paul-i have only heard peoples' respect and adoration for Nate-What a bummer for these 2 brilliant riders- John in Victory Gardens

eeky

Quote from: PJ721 on October 24, 2006, 02:59:02 PM
But to say that Nate is an unsafe rider is just wrong. And to say that 99% of Nate's peers think he is a problem rider is down right absurd.

Paul, until I started asking questions myself I would have agreed with your above statement. I had assumed that Mr. Kern had a problem with just me, not most of the top ASRA TB competitors. By peers I mean the individuals that are able to run at Nate's pace or close to Nate's ASRA TB pace.  Personel conversations with those riders yielded a very interesting result.

As you can imagine there are not a lot of individuals that fit my peer definition. I spoke with five ASRA TB riders. All but one was willing to participate in the CCS investigation and go on record.   As I did not ask them if thery are willing to go public I will not name names here. If they chose to go public I urge them to post on the thread I will be starting soon about Mr. Kern. If the one individual was willing to go on record it would be 100% of the top ASRA TB competitors that think Mr. Kern is a problem.

Believe me Paul, I do not want to take these actions and I do not take them lightly. This is the first time in my 36 years of motorsport that I been placed in this situation but I feel I have to go public to protect myself and my fellow competitors.

I have no doubt that Mr. Kern has been a safe CCS competitor most of the time. When it comes the ASRA TB he has not been. When it comes to myself in CCS races he has not been.

My crew and I have had many conversations about Mr. Kern. We all considered him to be most likely to take me out and we have talked about stratigies to deal with it. Mainly I was going to pace him and wait as long as possible to try and pass. I much prefer to be behind Mr. Kern not in front of him.

Unfortunately he never gave me the chance to impliment that particular strategy.

Paul if you woud like send me a PM and we can arrange a phone conversation as I would very mcuh like to talk with as many people as possible about Mr. Kern.

Ed Key

PJ721

Ed,

I can't say what happened on the track with you and Nate. I don't know what happened at any ASRA TB race, or what happened between you and Nate at Daytona. But to me it seems like a racing incident....maybe I'm wrong - but to start a public trashing of someone with out any proof is
not the correct way to go about it....you've made your protest and have an investigation being done by CCS - let them handle it. Again I've never heard or seen any problems regarding Nate being a dangerous rider in any CCS/ASRA events.
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

ssduc750

I believe if this video get's posted, it may help clear things up. But I also believe people will see what they want to see.

nkern12

As someone close to Nate, I find these threads very disturbing and inappropriate.  I have been attending races with Nate at CCS events for many years now, and have never come across any incidents that are being described here.  I guess my main issue is that someone can go on and stage an attack on another CCS member, it doesn't seem to be in the spirit of the club.  These comments become permanent record in the Internet world, and for Nate this is very disheartening, especially when there are no facts to back it up.  Nate has many followers in his race endeavors, and I have to say I hear nothing but great things about him on a daily basis.  Obviously Nate takes racing very seriously, but he would never intentionally inflict harm to someone on the track as suggested.  I feel very strongly that this thread needs to be removed, and if Ed chooses to move forward with whatever investigation, petition, etc, of Nate, he is free to do so according to the appropriate channels, but in a discreet and respectful manner.  This is not something to be put out there on a seemingly-friendly message board, as if airing dirty laundry.    Just my $.02.

Oh, and maybe it would be nice to follow the rules of this message board:

"You agree, through your use of CCSForum.com, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. This is not only humorous, but legal actions can be taken against you. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also inappropriate to CCSForum.com. "

kvanengen

Pj721, I can see that you are a friend of nates and it is real nice for you to stand up for your friends, but we are not in 3rd grade anymore.... It is common knowledge that nate rides like a loose cannon out there. Nothing new, but it is what it is. I was not there so I am not going to get into a he said she said battle with you. Ask yourself this, how often do you here of Ed talking trash or getting into a conversation that he is not educated in. it doesn't happen. Like me, lets stay out of this and let them handle it. cool!

PJ721

Quote from: kvanengen on October 24, 2006, 02:28:06 PM
WE ALL HAVE YOUR BACK ED!
Hope your doing better! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

guess this means your Ed's friend...which is good...we all have friends in the racing family...that's the best part of it. And I too hope he's doing ok.
I've never met Ed...and haven't seen him race or read any posts on the board talking trash..wouldn't know him if he knocked on my door. All I do know is Ed is well respected and a great racer...but to bring a matter to the board without facts/proof of the incident is just not right.
like I've posted...I've seen Nate race...raced with him...never though he was a loose cannon, unsafe rider or out to get anyone.
We all have opinions about everyting...I for one think highly of Nate and consider him a friend and if I ever saw/heard him doing somthing on the track that I thought was wrong - I'd be one of the 1st people in line to let him know. This is a CCS/ Ed/Nate matter...which is where is should stay.
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

kvanengen

I like where your heads at. That's cool that you didn't come back with a post trying to tear mine apart. I respect that. That's right this is a Ed/Nate matter... I agree we should keep it that way. Have a great night!