News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

FEEDBACK on Suomy SPEC-1R

Started by backMARKr, October 20, 2006, 12:10:40 PM

LMsports

I stock these helmets and so would be happy to exchange sizes if you are unsure about what size to order and have nowhere close by to try them on. I find that my Suomy's fit me similar to the Arai Quantum that I had. Best prices, free exchange, and trackside service, hopefully I'll be able to help you.
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net

MJFRacing

Hmmm. . . sounds like you've got a sale there Rob!  :thumb:
Michael - CCS 73

truckstop

I'm going to tack onto this thread instead of starting a new one:

I'm looking for info on helmets to try to find something that fits better than my Shoei RF-1000. I've got a weird, large, mutant shaped head, and a lot of hair.

Another issue is that if I stick my chin out, it rubs on the chin bar, which is bad, I fear smashing my teeth out if I ever crash and hit my chin.

I'm looking for input on which helmets are long ovals, are an inverted "U" shape (I think my hair pulls the helmet back a lot) or have a pretty good gap for the chin bar, have swapable cheekpads, and come in size XXL. I've never found a good resource for info on helmet shapes beside Arai, (and this site) and not many shops stock all styles in XXL so it's really hard to try them on. So far the best option looks like the Arai Profile. I was told that the RF-1000 was a long oval helmet, but after some digging, some reviews found it to be round. Ugh.

Hey Mr. Lithium Rob, can I just hang out in your warehouse for a day and try everything on?

I know, I'm not asking for a lot am I? Any other mutant-heads in the room? (and don't tell me to shave my head, not gonna happen.)

(Edited because I did some digging around and got some new info)

K3 Chris Onwiler

Jen, Suomy has a 2xl in the Spec1R.  I have the chinbar to chin issue too, and the Spec1R fits me well in the chin area.  Corse Superbikes should have them to try on, and I happen to have a spare, uncrashed Bostrum if it's what you need.  (With a removable liner that can be laundered of K3 head sweat)  2xl was loose for me, so I switched to 1xl.  The lid is yours for the asking if it will fit you, because you look so cute holding hands with X, and you have a real nice car!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

truckstop

mmmm... K3 head sweat... arghle arghle arghle....

Seriously? I'd love to see if it fits at least, and I'll make a donation for it, 'cos that would be awesomeness.

251am

Quote from: truckstop on January 26, 2007, 01:55:26 PM

I'm looking for info on helmets to try to find something that fits better than my Shoei RF-1000. I've got a weird, large, mutant shaped head, and a lot of hair.

Another issue is that if I stick my chin out, it rubs on the chin bar, which is bad, I fear smashing my teeth out if I ever crash and hit my chin.

I'm looking for input on which helmets are long ovals, are an inverted "U" shape (I think my hair pulls the helmet back a lot) or have a pretty good gap for the chin bar, have swapable cheekpads, and come in size XXL. I've never found a good resource for info on helmet shapes beside Arai, (and this site) and not many shops stock all styles in XXL so it's really hard to try them on. So far the best option looks like the Arai Profile. I was told that the RF-1000 was a long oval helmet, but after some digging, some reviews found it to be round. Ugh.(Edited because I did some digging around and got some new info)

I've got a mutant oval XX jarhead as well. Here's what I've got and how the fitment compares to present Suomy. RF900 in XL fits great. Suomy Gunwind XL, fits a bit tight. What I have tried; RF1000 in XL fits great. Spec 1R XXL fits a hair loose, XL is a little snug and may be too tight in real conditions.

Went up to Minn. IMS last weekend and found no Suomy distributors. Our hosts took us over to MotoPrimo where the Suomys are aplenty. XXL is doable for me as the Suomys have cheek and crown pad interchangeability. I'll get a pair of the Suomys under their sponsorship deal and order cheekpads and crown pads one size up.

One note on the Suomys and buying off E-bay, etc.; Their shell/interior shapes changed in either 04 or 05. So, a XX Spec1R will definitely have a different fit than a XX Gunwind (discontinued). Try em on at an IMS or Corse and buy from Rob!

Maduro Mistress

i have an 04 Gunwind and now I have an 07 Vandal... I used to wear a medium and now I'm a medium but with xsmall cheek pads - I love this new Vandal, can't wait to wear it on the road! (Damn snow) - but like someone said above, the new one fits like an Arai Quantum in a medium...