You know you're a roadracer when...

Started by Jeff, October 20, 2006, 09:57:22 AM

K3 Chris Onwiler

When you set off firewoks in the alley after Hayden wins the world championship, and your wife (who doesn't care beyond that it makes you happy) is the only other soul in your entire county who knows why you're doing it....
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Jason748

Your idea of sitting down with a good book involves anything with "Twist of the Wrist" in the title.
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

truckstop

Quote from: K3 Chris Onwiler on October 20, 2006, 07:17:14 PM
Guilty!

...and you fall asleep while telling racing stories, only to do laps in your sleep while the people around you giggle as they watch your hands pull in imaginary clutch levers and open the throttle...

backMARKr

Your high school history students  ARE USED TO   you drawing a parallel between roadracing and every potential issue discussed in class...
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

K3 Chris Onwiler

Quote from: truckstop on October 31, 2006, 12:39:20 PM
...and you fall asleep while telling racing stories, only to do laps in your sleep while the people around you giggle as they watch your hands pull in imaginary clutch levers and open the throttle...
Ahem....  What happens at Road A is SUPPOSED to STAY at Road A.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"

b dizzle

Quote from: G-reg on October 25, 2006, 03:42:36 PM
When your idea of "high class accomodations" involves you sleeping in a cargo trailer..
or K3's trailer!! jk bud.

K3 Chris Onwiler

Quote from: b dizzle on October 31, 2006, 06:22:36 PM
or K3's trailer!! jk bud.
Uh, that 440 between the seats would make her a MOBILE HOME, son.
In some neighborhoods in Michigan, the old girl would be the nicest house on the block!

lil_thorny

Quote from: benprobst on October 27, 2006, 10:15:53 PM
+1 on this, I do it almost every night, except I can never get through an entire lap, I always end up stopping and trying to analize a corner or remembering a pass or a misktake, then I cant fall asleep damn!

anyway, you know your a racer when....

Everytime you see someone win money on a game show you immediatly know what you would purchase at the bike shop  :biggrin:

+2 on this...until you reenact a highside and your pulse races forcing you to start all over again.

....when you lean toward the right front wheel, look through the lower right part of the windshield, and turn the wheel slightly left on exit of cloverleaf on-ramps during my morning commute.

I need some seat time real bad!

i did do some gocart racing recently and smoked all of the employees to their dismay!

Benj.

JoeNashville

Having all the race wiring done on the bike, you start wiring essential components on your truck... just in case

spyderchick

You use safety wire to put buttons on costumes, (or any garment for that matter).
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

barb_arah

Quote from: truckstop on October 31, 2006, 12:39:20 PM
and you make braking noises going way too hot into a turn, and yelling "S*@*!"  right before you crash.
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

K3 Chris Onwiler

Quote from: JoeNashville on November 04, 2006, 10:27:45 AM
Having all the race wiring done on the bike, you start wiring essential components on your truck... just in case
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:  I've done it!  Once you know how to safety wire, you'll never use cotter pins again!.