Doublebubble

Started by roadrashroeser, January 24, 2003, 04:09:02 AM

roadrashroeser

Are doublebubble windscreens allowed in supersport or not. And I'm talking about CCS.
Mike Roeser

Protein Filled

yes, they are legal in ss
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

roadrashroeser

Mike Roeser

Jeff

And yes, tinted are allowed too...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Lowe119

Almost any bodywork is allowed in CCS, right?
I made carbon ram-air tubes that were totally different than the original and they are allowed.
I guess why I'm saying this is..... What REALLY makes a SS bike different than the SBs?  Everyone at our level basically rides a SS legal bike for both, except for a couple people.
(I'm asking this as a guy who doesn't know much about what can be done to the mechanics to make it that much better.) I've heard all the phrases like: Degreed; bored; cam-shit :-/ blah blah I've only ridden bikes. Not really worked on them (except the basics).
IOW is it worth it to put time and money into mods (besides the necessities like suspension and carbs)? Or is it  just a hobby that people like to do?

Eric Kelcher

Some things are legal for some machines that are not for others.

Like you said almost any body work is legal.

Like on your ram air tubes, depends on the bike. On a R6 the restriction in airflow is in the airfilter that is why OEM is only legal as no others are made with same restriction so custom Ram air tubes are legal as they don't change the air flow restrictor. On a GSXR the ram air tubes are the limiter for air flow so aftermarket tubes are legal only if they have same restriction(s) and aftermarket filter is legal since restrictor is not affected by change of filter.

Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

roadrashroeser

I know doublebubbles in ss in wera and AMA are not legal.
Mike Roeser

Super Dave

Quoteis it worth it to put time and money into mods (besides the necessities like suspension and carbs)? Or is it  just a hobby that people like to do?

In general...NO.

Tuning a higher strung bike requires time.  Time that should be used doing something else, like working on suspension, where you're at, etc.  The value in being able to turn the key and push the button is priceless.

Some aftermarket tuning can yeild a bike that is more rideable.  But can you take advantage of it, can you afford it, can you get your money out of it.  

Bikes in the past ten years have been pretty darn good.  Suspension is the key.  Only at long tracks (Daytona, Road America, Summit?, etc.) will real HP make a difference.  Even then, you really just want the bike to accelerate better.  If it can't get it out of the corner...who cares.
Super Dave

Lowe119

Hey Dave....
Could you make a small comment on my question about dicing etiquette in tips and tricks  :-[

OmniGLH

QuoteI know doublebubbles in ss in wera and AMA are not legal.

???  Really?  

Anybody know why?

Even tho my double bubble only lasted about 20 minutes... I loved it while I had it, and will most definitely put another one on when my bike comes back from the welder...
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

Super Dave

I think because that it is NOT the shape of the original screen....
Super Dave

roadrashroeser

Dave you are correct, it gives extra aerodynamics that is not a stock option on the bike from the factory.
Mike Roeser