Way to go Dani! MotoGP spoiler at Estoril.

Started by GSXR RACER MIKE, October 15, 2006, 01:47:58 PM

minimotogp

Quote from: weggieman on October 15, 2006, 10:23:50 PM
Pedrosa, new word in my vocabulary.............translates to asshole. :ahhh:

Just like to share my two cents...

Why is everyone giving Dani all this flack about taking out his teammate? Things like this happen! Intense competition and racing in MotoGP has everyone pushing to their own limits. Dani's a young kid and its his first year with the big bore bike. He's got a lot of pressure on himself (especially w/ the Spanish press & media knowing Sete is out of the limelight with his lack of consistency). I think he has done an incredible job in his debut year in MotoGP with a few wins, a handful of podiums, and a high spot in the World Standing. Hayden has every right to be furious and he has a big challenge ahead of himself at Valencia next week to try and earn himself his first MotoGP Championship, but thats racing! Who would have thought that after the US GP, Rossi would have any chance in the running for the 2006 title! Unfortunate things like this can sometimes provide for some exciting conclusions in racing series! Just my thoughts...

roadracer162

It is part of racing and you gotta admit that Rossi has set a standard that everyone is shooting for.

As far as team-mates go I believe that Edwards did perfectly. Compare Edwards' performace to Pedrosa. That is the standard.

Some say Hayden lost the Championship points. I say Rossi rode his butt off. Afterall he has the most wins this season. To be second to Rossi is something to be proud of.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

weggieman

Never mind..........you guys obviously don't get it. :banghead:

endoracing

You cant blame anyone but yourself in racing. I keep saying that if Hayden was a few 10ths faster, pedrosa wouldnt have been close enough to take him out in the first place.

Also, great riders make do with what they have, they dont blame the bike for their lack of performance.. At the first gingerman race this year I was pitted next to a guy who took pole in the 125 race on a bone stock rs125 over bikes that riders put their lives into making fast. Some people are just faster than others.

Rossi DNF'd 3 times and came back to catch nicky ... that shouldnt have happened. Dont get me wrong, I like Nicky and he's definatley an amazing rider, but he's no god of racing.

weggieman

There is no god of racing...OK, except maybe Eddie Lawson  :biggrin: but looking at it your way if Pedrosa were a few tenths faster he wouldn't have been behind Nicky. Gee, I crashed because I'm not fast enough?  :wtf:

I don't think Nicky is a god but I do think Pedrosa is a flippin' idiot.

tzracer

You guys are missing the point.

Nicki's problem is much more basic - he is riding a Honda.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

jeyrod

"Dani had a mathematical chance, so who would obligate him not to race? He crashed because the other rider [Hayden] braked early, and he had to turn in. If that didn't happen, he wouldn't have crashed."

See even Dani's manager agrees its all Nicky's fault.

cheezer64

Just like to share my two cents...

Why is everyone giving Dani all this flack about taking out his teammate? Things like this happen! Intense competition and racing in MotoGP has everyone pushing to their own limits. Dani's a young kid and its his first year with the big bore bike. He's got a lot of pressure on himself (especially w/ the Spanish press & media knowing Sete is out of the limelight with his lack of consistency). I think he has done an incredible job in his debut year in MotoGP with a few wins, a handful of podiums, and a high spot in the World Standing. Hayden has every right to be furious and he has a big challenge ahead of himself at Valencia next week to try and earn himself his first MotoGP Championship, but thats racing! Who would have thought that after the US GP, Rossi would have any chance in the running for the 2006 title! Unfortunate things like this can sometimes provide for some exciting conclusions in racing series! Just my thoughts...

So what your saying is that if you and I we're teammates and you had the points lead and I took you out of a championship, I would get a pat on the back from you and a AHHH its ok, Thats racing. 

DREAM ON!!!!!!

Cheez  :jerkoff:

svracer469

First...this is MY OPINION and your choice to read....
After watching countless replay of this incident, it seems there was some sort of a bump midcorner that caused Pedrosa bike to tuck the front.  I do not think Pedrosa meant to take both of the Repsol bikes out.  Hayden did stuff Pedrosa there earlier but the Moto GP Championship is no such place for childs play.  Pedrosa is the better rider but accidents happen...that is racing.

But on another note...being a Champ involves more than just having the most points in the end.  There is ALOT of hard work that goes into accomplishing such a  feat.  There are thousands of hours behind the scenes that very few ever know about.  A true Champion will maintain their focus not just though a single season, but through their career.  Rossi has encountered a few obstacles this year and Hayden has benefitted from them. Rossi has continued to maintain his focus, his light-hearted humor and his hard work in order to close the points gap.  Rossi is and always will be a Champ in my book!
Hayden on the other hand...he gets a sizable points lead and then has sat back and watched Rossi close in for the victory.  Only once Rossi is back within stricking distance has Hayden started working hard again but this is a little too late in my humble opinion.  Hayden is not going to lose this Championship because of what Pedrosa did.  Hayden HAS lost this Championship because he is has underestimated his competition.

And finally on another note, Hopper needs to get a ride on a bike that can win.  It has been proven already that he is the hardest working rider in the paddock but his machine is holding him back.  Even with less than desirable results, Hopper has shown occasional signs of his frustration, but week in and week out, he is right back to the drawing board.  Hopper is more of a Champion than Hayden but unfortunately the points may never reflect this...
<rant off>

Vic Hyman
CCS EX 469

tstruyk

personally... I dont think the pass Hayden made on Pedro was really a "stuff" pass... seemed clean until Pedro refused to give in that hayden was past him... then he (pedro) caused the contact...

Dani screwed up, took himself and his teammate out killing his own "mathematical" chance to win the Championship and kicking Haydens chance in the junk.  Wether by chance or by design he ended up in a bad place at a bad time.  Walking off in disgust after the crash wasnt something I expected from Dani... bad form

Still a chance for Nicky, I'll root for him...
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

badmonkey

Look at kenny jr since he left suzuki... make you think if hopper has the oppurtinity he needs to jump ship..
Do you want to touch my Monkey?