News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Way to go Dani! MotoGP spoiler at Estoril.

Started by GSXR RACER MIKE, October 15, 2006, 01:47:58 PM

GSXR RACER MIKE

Well, Dani Pedrosa took out Nicky Hayden (his own teammate) on the 2nd lap of the race and handed Rossi the Championship lead by 8 points going into the last race. Nicky will now have to lead by 2 or more bikes between him and Rossi at the last event in order to win the MotoGP championship. Nicky was absolutely furious and I thought he was going to cry right there!

Tony Elias takes the out of the blue win beating Rossi by .002 at the line after Kenny Roberts Jr. had lead Rossi with only 1 lap to go. Quite a few lead changes and some wild riding by Elias, a very exciting race with all the lead changes and the crashing that went on early in the race.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

roadracer162

That was a great race despite the fact of the second lap incident. I would be cussing up a storm like that. Was Elias on steroids or something. He was flying and to come back like he did was amazing. I did expect more out of Edwards.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: GSXR RACER MIKE on October 15, 2006, 01:47:58 PMNicky was absolutely furious and I thought he was going to cry right there!

Actually I though he was gonna stuff Dani into a tire bundle. I never seen him that pissed off ever.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Fat_Nate

All will be put right when Dani takes Valentino out at the last race of the year!

It was particularly unfortunate because it looked like Rossi could be beaten by a few people today.  KRJR almost got him, Elias did get him -- no telling what Nicky and Dani could have done if they'd finished the race.

weggieman

Pedrosa, new word in my vocabulary.............translates to asshole. :ahhh:

roadracer162

I really thnk Hayden would have had something for him at the end. Hayden was reportedly on a hard front and going pretty well.

Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

IBFrank

You guys all realize now that this happened it would be absolutely amazing if the "Kentucky Kry Baby" was to come back and win it all, Rossi has one thing on all those 2nd placers- HE IS IN ALL THIER FUCKING HEADS!!!!!  :ahhh:

StumpysWife

Why do I get the feeling that the MotoGP races are like Rossi having everyone over to his party and he runs the show?  Of course, every then and again, someone brings a midget--excuse me, little person--to the party and they cause a ruckus, but it's pretty much Rossi's party and the guests are just lucky to be invited?

All I have to say is dig deep Nicky.  There's one more checkered flag that needs to wave on what could possibly be a career-defining season.

Heather

Jeff

I think Nicky has the drive and determination to pull this out.

That race... ugh...  Pedrosa should be fired.  There was no reason or excuse for him to be where he was when he was there.  There was NOTHING to gain by it, and the ultimate price was paid for stupidity.

There comes a point when you have to think 'hey, let's consider the TEAM here' and 'Nicky has a shot at the world championship for our TEAM, what can I do to help'

Watching that race was absolutely awesome though.  I knew who won it, but watching it was unreal.  Talk about aggressive riding and passing.  Wow...  That's what separates them from panzies like me... 
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

russ1962

Quote from: Otis on October 15, 2006, 11:21:44 PM
"Kentucky Kry Baby"

You have to be kidding?  This guy had the world title in his hands, and his bumbling teammate blows it for him.  Ever crashed a bike and dealt with the adrenaline and physical rush that occurs immediately following?   

I think he was more than justified to blow his cool.  He's one of the most respected riders in MotoGP, not only for his abilities on the track, but also for his excellent attitude and his demeanor. 

He's only human, give him a break.
Russ W. Intravartolo, EX #47
mailto:rintravartolo@yahoo.com

roadracer162

Russ, continuing what you said...I don't think too many of us could say we know what it feels like to be in the running for a championship and being chased hard.

I am not sure where the "Kry Baby" comes into play, but dang he is doing better than all the other MotoGp riders out there. 8 points from Rossi.

Elias beat Rossi didn't he?
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Jeff

PJ's just a hater.  Y'all don't get that yet?
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest