Way to go Dani! MotoGP spoiler at Estoril.

Started by GSXR RACER MIKE, October 15, 2006, 01:47:58 PM

GSXR RACER MIKE

Well, Dani Pedrosa took out Nicky Hayden (his own teammate) on the 2nd lap of the race and handed Rossi the Championship lead by 8 points going into the last race. Nicky will now have to lead by 2 or more bikes between him and Rossi at the last event in order to win the MotoGP championship. Nicky was absolutely furious and I thought he was going to cry right there!

Tony Elias takes the out of the blue win beating Rossi by .002 at the line after Kenny Roberts Jr. had lead Rossi with only 1 lap to go. Quite a few lead changes and some wild riding by Elias, a very exciting race with all the lead changes and the crashing that went on early in the race.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

roadracer162

That was a great race despite the fact of the second lap incident. I would be cussing up a storm like that. Was Elias on steroids or something. He was flying and to come back like he did was amazing. I did expect more out of Edwards.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: GSXR RACER MIKE on October 15, 2006, 01:47:58 PMNicky was absolutely furious and I thought he was going to cry right there!

Actually I though he was gonna stuff Dani into a tire bundle. I never seen him that pissed off ever.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Fat_Nate

All will be put right when Dani takes Valentino out at the last race of the year!

It was particularly unfortunate because it looked like Rossi could be beaten by a few people today.  KRJR almost got him, Elias did get him -- no telling what Nicky and Dani could have done if they'd finished the race.

weggieman

Pedrosa, new word in my vocabulary.............translates to asshole. :ahhh:

roadracer162

I really thnk Hayden would have had something for him at the end. Hayden was reportedly on a hard front and going pretty well.

Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

IBFrank

You guys all realize now that this happened it would be absolutely amazing if the "Kentucky Kry Baby" was to come back and win it all, Rossi has one thing on all those 2nd placers- HE IS IN ALL THIER FUCKING HEADS!!!!!  :ahhh:

StumpysWife

Why do I get the feeling that the MotoGP races are like Rossi having everyone over to his party and he runs the show?  Of course, every then and again, someone brings a midget--excuse me, little person--to the party and they cause a ruckus, but it's pretty much Rossi's party and the guests are just lucky to be invited?

All I have to say is dig deep Nicky.  There's one more checkered flag that needs to wave on what could possibly be a career-defining season.

Heather

Jeff

I think Nicky has the drive and determination to pull this out.

That race... ugh...  Pedrosa should be fired.  There was no reason or excuse for him to be where he was when he was there.  There was NOTHING to gain by it, and the ultimate price was paid for stupidity.

There comes a point when you have to think 'hey, let's consider the TEAM here' and 'Nicky has a shot at the world championship for our TEAM, what can I do to help'

Watching that race was absolutely awesome though.  I knew who won it, but watching it was unreal.  Talk about aggressive riding and passing.  Wow...  That's what separates them from panzies like me... 
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

russ1962

Quote from: Otis on October 15, 2006, 11:21:44 PM
"Kentucky Kry Baby"

You have to be kidding?  This guy had the world title in his hands, and his bumbling teammate blows it for him.  Ever crashed a bike and dealt with the adrenaline and physical rush that occurs immediately following?   

I think he was more than justified to blow his cool.  He's one of the most respected riders in MotoGP, not only for his abilities on the track, but also for his excellent attitude and his demeanor. 

He's only human, give him a break.
Russ W. Intravartolo, EX #47
mailto:rintravartolo@yahoo.com

roadracer162

Russ, continuing what you said...I don't think too many of us could say we know what it feels like to be in the running for a championship and being chased hard.

I am not sure where the "Kry Baby" comes into play, but dang he is doing better than all the other MotoGp riders out there. 8 points from Rossi.

Elias beat Rossi didn't he?
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Jeff

PJ's just a hater.  Y'all don't get that yet?
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

badmonkey

Hayden nailed dani the same corner one lap earlier and I think Dani was a little pissed and wanted  p2 back. Hayden never had the championship , he went from a 51 pt lead down to 12 because rossi was having troubles this year on the 06 yamaha. To lose that much of a pt lead isnt the sign of a champion, but coming from a deficit like Rossi did is.
Do you want to touch my Monkey?

Jeff

Riding like Elias did is the sign of a champion...  But in the end, the ENTIRE package makes the champion.
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

roadracer162

Quote from: badmonkey on October 16, 2006, 11:19:55 AM
Hayden nailed dani the same corner one lap earlier and I think Dani was a little pissed and wanted  p2 back. Hayden never had the championship , he went from a 51 pt lead down to 12 because rossi was having troubles this year on the 06 yamaha. To lose that much of a pt lead isnt the sign of a champion, but coming from a deficit like Rossi did is.

So what you are saying is if everyone crashes out and I am the only one that crosses the finish line, I really didn't win.

Whomever has the most points at the end of the season is the Champ. He'she beat all the rest.

If Hayden finishes better than Rossi with enough points he will still be the Champ in my book.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Cornerman

Quote from: Jeff on October 16, 2006, 09:15:48 AM

That race... ugh...  Pedrosa should be fired.  There was no reason or excuse for him to be where he was when he was there.  There was NOTHING to gain by it, and the ultimate price was paid for stupidity.

I agree 100% on that. Team orders should have been made. All he had to do is let him by. Were they not racing the same way on the first lap too? All I can say is give him a good ol fashion American ass whoopin :spank:

weggieman

Nicky didn't lose that 51 point lead on his own. The team and bike were the fault of that and just the opposite Rossi's team and Yamaha got their shit together. That's where the point difference was made up. To think Nicky lost that lead by not trying, not riding the piss out of what he had is simple stupidity. Nicky didn't lose squat, Honda lost those points for him as well as Yamaha stepped up. It certainly wasn't just on the track.

Then there's the inept officiating that cost a bunch of points Rossi shouldn't have had.

Yes, Rossi had his problems this season too but Nicky gave him all he had and will do it again in Valencia.

As for Pedrosa, he better ride the race of his life and do everything he can to help Nicky after his bullshit move last race.

badmonkey

Your right it was Honda's fault, maybe Michelin too. Come to think about it who built his motor and put air in his tires, their fault also. And the track , yeah, it was the tracks fault. It couldn't be the rider, nah they never make mistakes and CHOKE. :whine:

roadracer162

Quote from: badmonkey on October 17, 2006, 02:46:36 PM
Your right it was Honda's fault, maybe Michelin too. Come to think about it who built his motor and put air in his tires, their fault also. And the track , yeah, it was the tracks fault. It couldn't be the rider, nah they never make mistakes and CHOKE. :whine:

You might be right about that. Consider this. Nicky has had the point lead from about race two and slowly building on it. Can't be the team effort doing that. It was all Nicky, and dang it Nicky why haven't you fixed that clutch problem you have been complaining about all year? Do't you know how to ride? I see what you are getting at.

I think I would be under some pressure if I had all that talent chasing me. The only winners this year has been Rossi with 5 wins, Capirossi with 3 wins, Melandri with 3 wins, Pedrosa with 2 wins, Hayden with 2 wins, and now Elias with 1 win. I think that is quite some kinda company that Hayden is keeping, oh why haven't, say....the other 14 riders won a race? It is obvious who the talent is but consider this. The fastest guy doesn't always win the race. It is the racer with the most points. Did Kenny Jr ever win a race in his 2000 Championship win? I am not sure.

I think he has done alright considering the talent these world guys have. No excuses, just racing. Maybe the blunder of the officials could actually cost Hayden the championship.

Valencia finishing order;
Hayden in P1 and Rossi P3, Hayden by one.
Hayden in P2 and Rossi P4, Rossi by one.
Hayden in P3 and Rossi P8, It would be a tie but Rossi with the Championship.
Rossi with five wins.
Hayden with two wins.

Odds are in favor of Rossi.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

weggieman

OK monkey, you're right ................ Nicky just plain rides like shit and it's all his fault.

Choke? I don't think so.

badmonkey

JBraun

Quote from: badmonkey on October 17, 2006, 02:46:36 PM
It couldn't be the rider, nah they never make mistakes and CHOKE. :whine:
I don't see why anyone would hate on Nicky. Small town kid, dirt track background, made it big on hard work and talent. Not much to critcize...

But then again, you DO race CCS right?  :jerkoff:
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

Jeff

I'd post it, but every time I do, I get in trouble...

Do a google image search for "arguing on the internet".  Most applicable to where this thread has gone...  (and don't post the image here.  trust me, somebody will not find it funny).
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

JBraun

ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

minimotogp

Quote from: weggieman on October 15, 2006, 10:23:50 PM
Pedrosa, new word in my vocabulary.............translates to asshole. :ahhh:

Just like to share my two cents...

Why is everyone giving Dani all this flack about taking out his teammate? Things like this happen! Intense competition and racing in MotoGP has everyone pushing to their own limits. Dani's a young kid and its his first year with the big bore bike. He's got a lot of pressure on himself (especially w/ the Spanish press & media knowing Sete is out of the limelight with his lack of consistency). I think he has done an incredible job in his debut year in MotoGP with a few wins, a handful of podiums, and a high spot in the World Standing. Hayden has every right to be furious and he has a big challenge ahead of himself at Valencia next week to try and earn himself his first MotoGP Championship, but thats racing! Who would have thought that after the US GP, Rossi would have any chance in the running for the 2006 title! Unfortunate things like this can sometimes provide for some exciting conclusions in racing series! Just my thoughts...

roadracer162

It is part of racing and you gotta admit that Rossi has set a standard that everyone is shooting for.

As far as team-mates go I believe that Edwards did perfectly. Compare Edwards' performace to Pedrosa. That is the standard.

Some say Hayden lost the Championship points. I say Rossi rode his butt off. Afterall he has the most wins this season. To be second to Rossi is something to be proud of.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

weggieman

Never mind..........you guys obviously don't get it. :banghead:

endoracing

You cant blame anyone but yourself in racing. I keep saying that if Hayden was a few 10ths faster, pedrosa wouldnt have been close enough to take him out in the first place.

Also, great riders make do with what they have, they dont blame the bike for their lack of performance.. At the first gingerman race this year I was pitted next to a guy who took pole in the 125 race on a bone stock rs125 over bikes that riders put their lives into making fast. Some people are just faster than others.

Rossi DNF'd 3 times and came back to catch nicky ... that shouldnt have happened. Dont get me wrong, I like Nicky and he's definatley an amazing rider, but he's no god of racing.

weggieman

There is no god of racing...OK, except maybe Eddie Lawson  :biggrin: but looking at it your way if Pedrosa were a few tenths faster he wouldn't have been behind Nicky. Gee, I crashed because I'm not fast enough?  :wtf:

I don't think Nicky is a god but I do think Pedrosa is a flippin' idiot.

tzracer

You guys are missing the point.

Nicki's problem is much more basic - he is riding a Honda.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

jeyrod

"Dani had a mathematical chance, so who would obligate him not to race? He crashed because the other rider [Hayden] braked early, and he had to turn in. If that didn't happen, he wouldn't have crashed."

See even Dani's manager agrees its all Nicky's fault.

cheezer64

Just like to share my two cents...

Why is everyone giving Dani all this flack about taking out his teammate? Things like this happen! Intense competition and racing in MotoGP has everyone pushing to their own limits. Dani's a young kid and its his first year with the big bore bike. He's got a lot of pressure on himself (especially w/ the Spanish press & media knowing Sete is out of the limelight with his lack of consistency). I think he has done an incredible job in his debut year in MotoGP with a few wins, a handful of podiums, and a high spot in the World Standing. Hayden has every right to be furious and he has a big challenge ahead of himself at Valencia next week to try and earn himself his first MotoGP Championship, but thats racing! Who would have thought that after the US GP, Rossi would have any chance in the running for the 2006 title! Unfortunate things like this can sometimes provide for some exciting conclusions in racing series! Just my thoughts...

So what your saying is that if you and I we're teammates and you had the points lead and I took you out of a championship, I would get a pat on the back from you and a AHHH its ok, Thats racing. 

DREAM ON!!!!!!

Cheez  :jerkoff:

svracer469

First...this is MY OPINION and your choice to read....
After watching countless replay of this incident, it seems there was some sort of a bump midcorner that caused Pedrosa bike to tuck the front.  I do not think Pedrosa meant to take both of the Repsol bikes out.  Hayden did stuff Pedrosa there earlier but the Moto GP Championship is no such place for childs play.  Pedrosa is the better rider but accidents happen...that is racing.

But on another note...being a Champ involves more than just having the most points in the end.  There is ALOT of hard work that goes into accomplishing such a  feat.  There are thousands of hours behind the scenes that very few ever know about.  A true Champion will maintain their focus not just though a single season, but through their career.  Rossi has encountered a few obstacles this year and Hayden has benefitted from them. Rossi has continued to maintain his focus, his light-hearted humor and his hard work in order to close the points gap.  Rossi is and always will be a Champ in my book!
Hayden on the other hand...he gets a sizable points lead and then has sat back and watched Rossi close in for the victory.  Only once Rossi is back within stricking distance has Hayden started working hard again but this is a little too late in my humble opinion.  Hayden is not going to lose this Championship because of what Pedrosa did.  Hayden HAS lost this Championship because he is has underestimated his competition.

And finally on another note, Hopper needs to get a ride on a bike that can win.  It has been proven already that he is the hardest working rider in the paddock but his machine is holding him back.  Even with less than desirable results, Hopper has shown occasional signs of his frustration, but week in and week out, he is right back to the drawing board.  Hopper is more of a Champion than Hayden but unfortunately the points may never reflect this...
<rant off>

Vic Hyman
CCS EX 469

tstruyk

personally... I dont think the pass Hayden made on Pedro was really a "stuff" pass... seemed clean until Pedro refused to give in that hayden was past him... then he (pedro) caused the contact...

Dani screwed up, took himself and his teammate out killing his own "mathematical" chance to win the Championship and kicking Haydens chance in the junk.  Wether by chance or by design he ended up in a bad place at a bad time.  Walking off in disgust after the crash wasnt something I expected from Dani... bad form

Still a chance for Nicky, I'll root for him...
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

badmonkey

Look at kenny jr since he left suzuki... make you think if hopper has the oppurtinity he needs to jump ship..