New Question About Tyresox

Started by Mongoose, October 15, 2006, 10:11:58 AM

Mongoose

I am in the market for Tire warmers, As I have been shopping around I keep coming across TYRESOX for 175 Shipped or even Less. 1/2 The price of Chicken Hawk and other brands. However when I at the races I dont see ANY in the pits or anywhere else. It seems no at NHIS is using them so whats the deal. Are the Good or Not. is there something I dont know

Please let me know as I am confused. I would rather pay 400 for warmers that work instead of 175.00 for ones that Dont

Let me know you expeirience with these

Thanks

Gixxerblade

They're.....OK. I have a set as back-up to my Suzukas in case those decide to shiht out on me. The fabric that he makes them with is thin but it is hard to put on and take off of the tires. I guess the felt cover is to throw over them but Richard (the owner) claims they work and my buddy that uses them has never had a problem so you decide.

Jeff

They work okay.  They do not get as hot as other brands, but you will get a good base of heat into the tire.  Most tires should be in the 165-175 deg F range with a penetration pyrometer.  Unless something has changed with Tyr Sox, you'll never get tires this hot with sox.

Don't ever leave them plugged in off the bike.  You'll come back to a gooey mess of melted crap, but that's common with many warmers.

All in all, you're getting what you pay for.  They warm tires, but you're not gonna find them in any moto-gp paddock because they don't heat well enough...  I'd use them again in a pinch..  I used them for 2 years...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

spyderchick

Tire warmer care for all brands is important. The best way to care for them is to leave them layed out or hung up unpluggedto cool before rolling them up for strorage. Also, roll them off the tire, don't yank them, even when you're in a hurry. Any exposed electrial wire should be tended to due to fire hazard.

And finally, don't use a tire warmer to heat your styrofoam cup of coffee. Trust me, it's just not a good idea.  :biggrin:
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

SV88

Tomahawks are also cheaper than most other tire warmers.  Good, bad, indifferent - good value for the money?
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

Jeff

If you were to really check into it, I'm sure you'd find a lot of tire warmers are made at the same place, in China...
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Team_Serpent

Have used them for years.  Great product, great price.

never had a problem getting my tires even hotter than the temps mentioned above (you need to make sure you use them as designed - with the cozies).

Below is a product Performance Report I sent to Tyr Sox. Tyr Sox are one of the products we use that gives us a competitive edge.

Richard,
Thank you so much for your support this past season. Our Tyr Sox worked
great the entire year! I've become so confident of my tire's performance
when using Tyr Sox that I'm able to push hard from the moment I leave the
starting line. Being able to put down fast laps in the opening stages of a
race makes all the difference between winning and losing. Tyr Sox gave me
the winning edge many times this past season. Tyr Sox are also a quality
product. The set I used this year on the lightweight bike have now been
through two grueling seasons. From the cold rainy climate of the season
opener at Gateway in St Louis, through the scorching heat at Road Atlanta in
July to the mild weather at the Grand National Finals. I never go on the
track without using them, not even if we're in a hurry to get out for a
practice, they've been on and off the bike hundreds of times and are still
in great shape. The plastic storage bin they come with is a nice feature
and also holds up very well. Thank you for supplying such a quality product
at a very competitive price.

Team_Serpent

Also I'd like to extend a special offer compliments of Tyr Sox.
Anyone who does not own tire warmers who would like to try them can do so at any of the events we are attending this year. We will have an extra set on-hand that we will be using for free trials. We will show you how to use and care for them as well as answer any questions. I guarantee once you've tried them you'll want a set of your own.
For a schedule of events we will be attending visit http://www.serpentracing.com

Jeff

the one thing I will absolutely say for Tyr Sox is that Richard works harder than anyone else on the market to market and protect his product... 
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

racerhall

my first set was tyrsox, they worked pretty good
u must use the cozies with them like jason said
chicken hawks or graves or whatever have a thicker warmer that goes over the tire therefore they dont use a cozie
but the tyrsox is a thinner material that dosent insulate as good that why they use the cozies
i think they work fine but are a pain in the but because they are twice the work as others because of the cozies
but the price is right
i am sponsored by chicken hawk and in the real cold days i put the cozies that i still have over the chicken hawks
i think the chicken hawks are the best but u will be paying alot more
i laso have the graves tire warmers, they work good but have some problems with them, sent them back and they gave me new ones without a problem
Midwest ccs #69
asra #69
ama #66
www.schaumburgaudi.com

Court Jester

i like my chicken hawks just cause they hold the heat in better and you can set them to the temp you want and they kick off once they hit that temp. and back on when they fall bellow the set temp. you just have to be carefull not to hit the switch to high when you're putting them on and it's 95 degrees outside. 
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

piper907

I used Tyresox last year and they will do the job (especially if you are on Pirilli tires)...  I just bought a set of Chickenhawks and they are GREAT.  With Tyresox you will be able to get away with a 1000W generator and Chickenhawks require 1200W or more to operate properly.  However, Chickenhawks heat the tire better (in my opinion) and are WAY more user friendly then Tyresox.