Racing withdrawal symptoms - ice racing info?? for NE IL or SE Wi

Started by SV88, October 12, 2006, 01:12:43 PM

SV88

Most of you (at least those than aren't Daytona bound) are probably experiencing withdrawal as I am.  Does anybody know about ice racing in SE WI?  I have a 2000 XR which might acquire some ice studs this winter...and then there is always enduro b4 the snow arrives.  In Dec. I'll spend a long weekend skiing and will look to run some gates.  Is this a sick addiction or what???

Steve.
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

Jeff

It's dirt time now...  Ice will be here soon enough.  Until then, enjoy the beautiful colors while rutting up some cool soil.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

grasshopper

Get on Deiseljo.com

I think thats the website. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Good infor about ice riding and racing and a great group of guys that put it together during the winter months for the sport.

Jeff Fredette makes the best ice tires you can find. He's located in Beecher IL. Rite next to Valley racing. So you can drop your SV off for some motor mods and pick up your ice tires in the same trip.

cshaffer66

Nick is right, www.dieseljo.com

It's a great place to get info and the guys there are awesome.  The biggest lesson I learned is to buy good ice tires.  If you have an xr100, get your tires from www.metromotorcycles.com  I think Andy is the only one who builds tires for mini's, the rest of the guys(Ferdette, etc) build tires for big bikes.  I have a set for a rm80 that are 2 years old and they rock.  I have tried to make my own tires and they sucked, the tires are well worth the money. 

I used to remember when I would be disappointed when I couldn't get on my race bike, because the season was over.  Now it means time to go ride the dirt bike, and count down the days until ice forms.  Riding on ice is my second favorite riding next to road racing.  To me its kind of like road racing with no fear.

Another option I plan on doing this winter is indoor motorcross.  www.wirmx.com  This track is one of the best workouts I have ever done before.  If you have problems with arm pump, this place will get rid of it fast. 

Also check out the mini-moto stuff on dieseljo.  http://geocities.com/fuzzyseats/minimoto/home/
I raced with these guys right after BHF and the competition was great.  Very friendly and a great track

Here is a pic of Nick last year

Team Squid Racing

grasshopper

Damn Chris!!! Why do you have to show everyone my poor body position. I need to get my butt way more towards the outside of the seat. Oh I remember, it was cold out, I was tired, and hung over. Yup thats it!

I am going to kill myself on the ice this year with the KX250.  :wah:

Woofentino Pugrossi

No withdrawls. Usually look around for water towers to sit on top of to hunt from. :ahhh: :biggrin:
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

SV88

Should I use the XR100 or the KDX200 for ice racing??  Different classes ? or what?  My son also had a CR80 big wheel that I could steal (he'll think that it's safe in the shed over winter!!).
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

cshaffer66

When we ride with the Dieseljo guys we don't actually race, we just get together and ride our brains out. 

As far as bike choice, my first choice would be the KDX, CR and then the XR.  I ride a RM80, and I have a blast.  Depending on the track size, I have to roll off in 6th so I don't blow it up on longer straights.  The XR would be fun for smaller tracks, but the KDX is ideal.  Whatever bike you choose they will all be fun.  Just remember, ice tires are expensive, so choose a bike that will be around for awhile. 
Team Squid Racing