News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Well here it is.

Started by jer271, October 11, 2006, 10:19:21 PM

jer271

To everyone involed...and they know who they are ,  first off Iam sorry, Iam also sorry too CCS for my actions on sunday as well.  Now for the explination.  As you all know it was a very fustrating year and wanted to go out and have fun one last time before hanging it up for quite possibly the end of my racing for a while, and in the first GT race I was stuffed prettyhard by an Am, and forced off the track in the last turn, thats 1.  The second time off the track was in seven, when after my own fault,  as to not looking the bike over well enough after plowing into the sand trap from the first incident,  it losend up my front fender and wasnt tight.  It (the fender) went under my front wheel and there I went in seven into a low slide, hence saturday night putting the front end back togather. Day 2 While out on the warm up lap of one of the early combined races I came into the last corner fowllowing Andy F and was stuffed off the track again by the same person and gatherd it back up went to grid, mind you that was a warm up lap. 3rd and final time was running for 4th place trying too pass Ryan Hall I was yet again stuffed very badly agian by the same person and made very minor contact with the tires and ran into the sand trap for the last time.  Then unfortunetly I lost my cool, and cut him off badly on the track and then I grabbed him by the helmet in the pits and shoved him just a lilltle and was pushed away by Larry and someone else. Agian Iam Sorry for this, it is not the way I wanted to end my year either but in my defense I wasnt the only one upset this last weekend with this and one other riders way of passing people - I think My good friend Edgar was stuffed bad and showed this person he was # 1 also.

My last comment to this situation is, you 2 guys are fucking fast and you know who you are,  good luck next year and if you pass people like that agian,  then I dont know what people like Brain Hall, Andy F, or DANO Ortega will do too you guys in the next corner.

Agian Iam sorry for the scene.

Jeremy Bentz 271

HAWK

This is club racing and there is really no excuse for someone getting hurt over the size of a piece of wood. I too lost my cool over a pass I thought was a little sketchy, my response to the individual was probably a little too heated when I saw him in the pits but we later shook hands and I think we can still be friends.

Maybe we could use this thread to open a dialog on what a clean pass is and isn't. There is a lot of turnover in the club and with all the new people every year maybe we all need a little reminder now and then.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

PaulV

Well said Jeremy!

Good that you posted up, sounds like  alot going on.

Hang in there.

Paul
Polar-Optics
MW#90
See Better, Ride Safer!

imafrogg420

welcome to racing boys. unfortunatly i loose complete disrespect for people who loose their cool especially like you said for a wood plague. you just contradicted your self there. theres no excuse for screaming like an ignorant baboon. maybe your mother didnt hug you enough at night i duno.
2007 R6!!!!!  BAMF Riders!!!

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: imafrogg420 on October 12, 2006, 01:00:56 AM
welcome to racing boys. unfortunatly i loose complete disrespect for people who loose their cool especially like you said for a wood plague. you just contradicted your self there. theres no excuse for screaming like an ignorant baboon. maybe your mother didnt hug you enough at night i duno.

It has been getting worse over the last couple years. Seen a spectacle in the pits at BHF but it wasnt from a racer, it was one of his entourage being an ass towards another rider who came over to apologize for colliding with him. Heard some rather disturbing comments about a rider KICKING at other bikes during a practice. Screwing up trying to pass someone happens. But kicking at someone IMO should result in a year suspension and if its a recurring problem, banned for good.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

loc_dogg

:wtf: You MW guys are F'n crazy! If need some pointers on how to piss off some of my fellow racers, I'll come to the MW!

Super Dave

Maybe it's another good reason to have separate AM/EX races.

Super Dave

jer271

maybe i just need prozak dave lol

Suzy

Quote from: Super Dave on October 12, 2006, 08:24:57 AM
Maybe it's another good reason to have separate AM/EX races.

That's a good idea, but what if there's only 2 racers for one AM/EX race? Aren't some of the races combined because of small grids?
2005 Rookie Corner Worker of the Year!

Super Dave

Yeah, I don't know.  But it was a GT race that Big J was in...som I'm betting it was GTU or GTO.  Combining those races has always been risky because of the traffic situations caused by the mixing of various kinds of riders.

Jeremy, maybe you need an enima.  Get you all cleaned out.   :ass:
Super Dave

r1owner

I don't think he lost his cool cause of a plaque.  It sounds to me like he lost his cool cause someone put him in a life threatening situation several times for no good reason.

IMO, if they (the passes) were that sketchy the person should of came and apologized.  No excuse for the warm up lap stuffing though.  If he was an ass when confronted, then maybe a beat down is the best thing that could of happened.  I don't know since I wasn't there.  We're only hearing one side of the story so....

That being said, the retaliation on the track is not cool.  Why put both your lives at risk again?  By cutting him/her off you just put more at risk than anyone should be willing to do to make a point.

Jeff

unfortunatly i loose complete disrespect for people who loose their cool especially like you said for a wood plague. you just contradicted your self there. theres no excuse for screaming like an ignorant baboon. maybe your mother didnt hug you enough at night i duno.

You "Lo(only 1 o)se" complete disrespect" and then speak of contradiction?  Interesting...

Anyhow, I'll chime in on the thread...  

Look, there's a difference between being "Fast" and being "Good".  The 2 guys in question are fast as hell.  Have been all year.  Personally as an Expert, I'm not racing against them, so I make it a point to watch for them and let them by.  They're racing each other, not me.  I don't need to be in their way and don't need to dice with them.  It serves me no purpose.

I will say that with no traffic, many people can be STUPID fast.  Add traffic and sometimes those people make decisions that are not necessarily the correct ones simply because they are in the heat of battle.

Coming up into the Expert field and passing the top 5-7 guys gets difficult.  The faster you go, the more difficult it is to pass.  A lot is gained in experience which has little to do with laptimes.

Case in point, I was passed repeatedly in turn 6A at BHF (the tiny kink before turn 7).  I wasn't actually "passed", it was more that I met a bike at the APEX of 6A twice this year.  That's probably THE fastest turn on blackhawk, and at speed, it really narrows down to the point of being a very dangerous place to pass.  I've never been passed there by the top expert riders, they will always wait until after this turn and get me into T7.

I understand that as a smoking fast AM, in a combined race, you need to get around people or the guy on your ass will get around you.  I get that.  I was that guy as an AM in 2002, running with Mike Chachere and Andy Feuersthaler, dicing up into the experts..  However, you really have to gain some wisdom on when it might be smarter to hang back for a turn...

I've seen it a lot over the years and don't know the answer.  Perhaps that's why I finish 3rd - 7th instead of 1-3.  I err on the side of caution vice "must pass this guy at all costs".

Separated AM/EX races would solve this particular problem, but the racers themselves also need to take a bit of responsibility.  As the passER, you need to make damned sure you can safely get around that guy in front of you.  As any racer, you might do well to be cognizant of your surroundings including who/what is behind you, and if it's not somebody you're racing against, let them the hell by!!

Marshall came by after the Heavyweight race and said how cool it was that I let him by (I was in 3rd place at that time).  I simply told him that I had nothing to gain by beating him.  I was racing against Deni & Tommy, not him & Curt.  I had no need to make them force a pass or make a bad decision that would take us both out...

Don't know...  Just some food for thought & comments...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest