Lockhart-Phillips trackday at Willow 2/1

Started by dryheat, January 23, 2003, 07:27:08 AM

dryheat

Does anyone know if Lockhart-Phillips is doing a track day at Willow Springs? If so, how is the daily schedule going to play out? Last year the track day was on Friday. I read that this year they're going to do it Sat. But no one (from CCS or LPUSA) has confirmed this and the race weekend  is in 9 days.

I know I've posted this before and I apologize to those who are tired of reading this, but it would be nice to know what's going on as I have yet to get a response.

Thanks for listening....

Litespeed

Look in other posts but someone stepped up and got us a track day for Friday.  I just got off the phone with him last night and it is happening.  He said you can sign up the day of but you may have to run to his shop to pay if you are using credit cards.

dryheat

Unfortunately, i have to work Thursday (I'm driving out Friday afternoon, I'm in Arizona). But, I was wondering more about how the track day will affect practice on Saturday. The last I heard was LPUSA track was going to be on Sat (instead of Fri) from 8am-2pm and the endurance races from 2-until ?. Considering the sun sets around 5:30, that doesn't leave much time for racing. Not just that, there is no mention of practice.

I guess I'm getting a little frustrated with this whole thing as I'm trying to plan and I haven't heard:
1) a final schedule (supposed to be in the Daytona mailer, but why can't it be posted here or on the CCS website as I have no idea when the mailer is going out or when I'll be recieving it? And if it's IN the mailer and they know what it is, POST IT);
2) a daily schedule of events (do we have practice Sat or is it a track day and do I have to pay for that too?)...

>:(

Litespeed

I hadn't heard of a Sat practice til you said it.  I was assuming that the CCS race schedule would be close to what they followed last year.  I'm not aware of any classes being dropped and it seems to me they need the full 2 days to get all the racing in.  USGPRU will also be there using up some extra time so I wiould bet against extra practice on Saturday.  I'm heading out there from Tucson on Thurs night after work (around 4 pm) which will put me at the track around midnight or so.  I can then take my time Friday learning the track and get a good night of rest before the races start sat.  I hate travelling on Friday for a Sat race.

rick

Yeah, I've been emailing CCS and LP about it but nobody has responded to any of 'em. I'm actually kind of upset about it (that and the fact that the first race is only a week away and nobody seems to know what's going on).

...But, there is a trackday on Friday. I forget whose hosting it (it's not CCS or LP) but it was posted here recently.

f1fty0n3

John,  the way I hear it the format is going to be practice Saturday from 8-2, then racing after that?  I agree though, not knowing whats going on a week prior kinda sucks.  On the other hand, I kinda like the practice on Saturday deal, since the only race I could do on Saturday was the GTO.  It would make it a lot easier on me not to have to take friday off, then sit around most of the day on Saturday just to do a couple practice sessions and one race.

Billy coming out with ya?  Cya next weekend bud!

T595

you can contact kelly baker for the track day on the friday before the 1st of feb. at 661-256-7246, as I have just signed up and talked with him on the phone he seems like a nice gent.......

Litespeed

Yes Matt, we will both be there.  I will be running the 125 and billy will have the 600.  I am also gonig to bring the Kawi but will be bringing the RC to the races for the rest of the year.  See you there.

Decreasing_Dave

NO PRACTICE ON SATURDAY??!!!?
HOW THE HELL AM I GOING TO LEARN THE TRACK BEFORE MY FIRST RACE??!??!?

If that's the case, they SHOULD let us know before we have to LEAVE at LEAST!!

Tiff, what's up with this??

I'm not getting there until Friday Night.  John, I'm gonna leave Sierra Vista around 6a, what time do you think I can get there?  Assuming of course that I can make decent time towing a Toyhauler.

Thanks,
D. Dave

dryheat

My point exactly Dave. It would be nice to know... SOMETHING!

Countdown  T -8 days and counting until race day with no information. >:(

Nice.

CCS are you listening? Anyone...?  ??? ???

Litespeed

I think 11 hours from Sierra Vista would be a safe bet.  We are figuring it to be around 9-10 but kinda unsure because I haven't been there and my brother didn't pay attention to drive time the last time he went.

f1fty0n3

Its probably about an hour/hour and a half closer than Buttonwillow.