St. Louis peps

Started by Eric Kelcher, October 10, 2006, 11:20:13 PM

Eric Kelcher

Hey I was just seeing a thing about St. Louis food was wondering how good is Pointer's Pizza? Appears to be a New York style pizza soft thicker foldable crust but not a deep dish Chicago style.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Burt Munro

I don't live close to where they're located, but I make a point of stopping by whenever I'm in the area.  Excellent!!!!  Order a Point-asaurus for me!!

Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Super Dave

Eric, I think you're supposed to go to Emo's Pizza in St Louis.  (pronounced I-Moe's)  Good stuff.
Super Dave

tstruyk

Quote from: Super Dave on October 11, 2006, 08:07:49 AM
Eric, I think you're supposed to go to Emo's Pizza in St Louis.  (pronounced I-Moe's)  Good stuff.

Imo's.... pronounced E-Moes... and yeah its "OK"

Fortells Pizza Den would have to be tops for me!  Never been to or heard of Pointers... what am I missing??  I consider myself a bit of a pizza buff... interesting?  Rick, where is this pointers?
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

r1owner

Isn't that the one that was just featured on TV, best places to pig out or something like that?

If it's the one I'm thinking of, its in U-city.  I think they have a massive pizza that if you and a buddy can eat it in the allotted time, you get some cash.

Ever tried Racanelli's Tim, or Deweys?  Deweys is packed EVERY time I drive by there on my way to Fortells! :)

Super Dave

When you go to MAM, you need to go to Omaha for La Casa's Pizza.  Thin, smelly pizza.  It's great!
Super Dave

APP_Racing

Pointers is good, they make a 50" you can actually order from Delivery.  Come race at Gateway next year and I will bring a couple big ones over to the track to let you all try out.  There is pizza all over the place in STL.  But the best ones are still the little restaurants on the Hill, that don't deliver.  Don't forget to order some Toasted RAviolli's as well.
A Dean
APP Racing LLC
St. Louis, MO
314-757-0364

Donate today!
www.redflagfund.org/

tstruyk

talayna's used to do a 50 incher as well... not bad hand tossed! 

Did you say delivery???  how the hell do you get it through the door???

racanelli's is good, prefer fortells... never had dewey's...

I miss the old Pantera's to be honest... had a GREAT whole wheat crust!  gone down hill since the franchise bombed.  Still a few out in ofallon and I think one in maplewood for pick up only, just not the same though.

Were ordering Napoli today for lunch... another decent delivery hand tossed NY style...
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Jeff

I got yer hand-tossed 50 incher right here!   :jerkoff:  :boink: (but it ain't thin or smelly  :lmao: )
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

tigerblade

Quote from: Super Dave on October 11, 2006, 11:13:53 AM
When you go to MAM, you need to go to Omaha for La Casa's Pizza.  Thin, smelly pizza.  It's great!

Thin and smelly?  Sounds like Kevin Clark.
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Eric Kelcher

Ah 28" http://pointersdelivery.com/saurus.asp

Yeah looking for a teammate for a July 4th takedown. If those little guys can knock out most of that pizza. no problem. 18" in 15 minute break is no problem (254 in2) another 53 in2 in 45 minutes not an issue now the no leaving customer area could be an issue, so no greasy Peproni needs to be a little easier on the belly; Ham, or Chicken?

You up for it Rick?
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Burt Munro

Quote from: tstruyk on October 11, 2006, 10:47:17 AM

Never been to or heard of Pointers... what am I missing??  I consider myself a bit of a pizza buff... interesting?  Rick, where is this pointers?
On Big Bend - half a block south of Clayton Rd.

Eric, you might do better with someone like Timmy.  I'm trying not to eat like I use to!!!
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!