News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

track-peeves

Started by Speedballer347, January 22, 2003, 12:52:09 PM

Speedballer347

Pet-peeves....we all got them :D

Mine is when guys are tracking straight towards a corner, then decide to change entry position when they get there.
Example: Maybe heading for a left hander w/ 3 feet or so on their right.... right when (or as) they are breaking/setting-up, they decide to move/swerve over to the edge....wtf ???
I've been pinched/pushed off more times than I can count, by people changing lines on entrance/braking, when I am trying to squeeze by on the outside and make a clean pass.  
Not intentional I know, they never even see me or know I am there :)
But still, how about putting the bike where it needs to be while you are heading down the straights?

I know the guy w/ the front wheel has the line, but if you need to be at the edge of the track on entrance how about doing it before you get there? ...There just might be someone coming up behind you seeing it as 'unused' space and then committing themselves.  Anyway, that's my gripe :P

I am sure I am doing plenty of stuff out there that some people can't stand either ;D
What are some gripes/peeves of you guys?  ...maybe it will get some of us to think about what we are doing and how it affects our fellow racers a little bit more.
Whatcha got?
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Chef

i hate when someone dumps oil on the track !!!

hey, wrench correctly, or stay off the track (ike)
  :-[
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

Dawn

Quotei hate when someone dumps oil on the track !!!

LOL....!!!!!

I won't say why... But I sure thought that was funny.  

Dawn   ;)

TZ_Boy

Quotei hate when someone dumps oil on the track !!!

Or we could all race 2-strokes! ;D

Jeff

At BHF when people come out of turn 7 and cut across the track to pit-in..

or

When people come out of turn 7 and crank a wheelie while drifting across the track.  Not very kind to those of us with our heads down, interested in actually running a practice...

They say "fine 'em", I say "kick 'em in the balls".  You start lining folks up during the riders meeting and wedging a sz 12 Sidi toe right into that perineal area whilst the shin bounces off the 'boys', and that crap would stop abruptly...

Plus, I bet that would draw a crowd big enough to drop our entry fees  :D
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

EX#996

QuoteThey say "fine 'em", I say "kick 'em in the balls".  You start lining folks up during the riders meeting and wedging a sz 12 Sidi toe right into that perineal area whilst the shin bounces off the 'boys', and that crap would stop abruptly...

Jeff:

Didn't you say that in a riders meeting once?  If not, someone did.  The look on Bill's face was priceless.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Jeff

Yeah, that was me...  It seemed to have a better effect than the groans and chants of "fine 'em"...  ;D
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Thingy

QuoteWhen people come out of turn 7 and crank a wheelie while drifting across the track.  Not very kind to those of us with our heads down, interested in actually running a practice...

Jeff, do I drift across the track when I ride those wheelies?  Sorry. ;)
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

Super Dave

Turn seven..............Yes...

Guys that look back then move for you....

Proceeding to move in the exact place that you were gonig to go around them.

Race tracks and racing organizations that play with my schedule....(Don't get me started today.)

Super Dave

OmniGLH

People that snag my pit spot.

People that walk down the pit road (almost always spectators) RIGHT in the MIDDLE of the road.  They see you coming, and don't bother to MOVE.. regardless if I'm trying to get to the grid, trying to get back to the pits, or trying to back my truck out of my pit spot.

People that find the ONE tree, near my pit spot, and proceed to park all their cars under the tree (trailer, mom's minivan, friends cars, junior's pedal car and 20" BMX bike, etc.)... and then set up what might as well be a 10-million square foot tent for mom, dad, grandpa, grandma, the kids, the grandkids, using every last inch of the shade... when they could've set the tent up in the sun (creating their own shade) and parked their arsenal of cars down the road a bit, thus allowing some of those less fortunate, tent-less people, some natural shade to hide behind when its 98 degrees outside.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

TZDeSioux

Hey.. can you guys go pit somewhere else? You're in my spot... I've been pitting here since 2000.  ::)

KBOlsen

Jim - get there on Thursday and take your choice of other people's pit spots....  ;)
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?