Poll for all F40-eligible riders w/big bikes

Started by StuartV666, September 29, 2006, 03:55:12 PM

Would you race in F40 in 2007 if it was changed to allow MW GP, HW Superbike, SuperTwins, and Unl Superbike, but not if the class stays as it is?

I would race F40 if they add the classes
17 (73.9%)
I'll be eligible and would if they added the classes, but I won't race F40 if they don't add the classes
6 (26.1%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Team_Serpent

Quote from: PaulV on May 07, 2007, 07:59:01 PM

+1 on the Run what ya brung Jason..:)

Most of us would be following that 600 of yours anyway..:)

Paul
Polar-Optics LLC

Actually, if they make it a "run what ya brung" I was thinking of giving Geoff Maloney from GP Tech a call and ask him about leasing that 500 GP bike he has  :biggrin:.  Now that would be a fun ride!  :thumb:

Ducmarc

let us know on the gp 500 light switch i want to watch

Ducati23

I'd still like to be allowed to use slicks even with supersport rules.  It sucks to have to swap wheels or tires from  Supertwins & F40.  Slicks allowed in F40 would make my life a little easier on race day...
CCS/ASRA #23
GP SuperTwins Champion 2007 2008
Ducati 848

roadracer162

Sounds pretty good right now, HW SS and LW SB seems like a pretty good race. I know that I am able to get to half of the field of HW on my LW machinery, but then again I am told my FZR600 is not really LW machinery. I do know that the GSXR750 of Scott Richey leaves me in the dust (great rider) and most of the newer 600 leaves me for dead on the straights. It's all good racing and good fun though.

Let it be known, if you want to run a slick in HW get a 250 GP bike.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Dr. Evil

Ducmarc

yeah your fzr is about lightweight as my 748 but that's the rules your also fast mark and i'm not. still think you need a real tire on the back of that thing.also notice there's a lot of slow heavyweight amaturs out there. poor guys its gridlock in turn 2 moroso scares me to death.ready to smoke 4 camels before I go out.

roadracer162

But Marc,

Where does that put the Duc 1000DS?? Is it LW or MW??
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Ducmarc

LW  since it's air cooled, buell also don't remeber there size limit 12 or 1400cc i'd have to check the book. buell my also be legal in ultra light no one checks anyones size anyway listening to tbike some of those 748s didnt have the buzz mine has but a drone like a big motorI do know fuentz is a genuine 748rs and chris boy has put together a trick legal 748rs to run asra.tbike 

roadracer162

I know it, those are some pretty big motors for LW but it is all good. I see what you mean about my rear tire but that is the fun of it to see the comparisons of all the different types and make of bikes.

The Duc 800 is legal in ULW SB, and yeah you are right that 748 is pretty dang fast.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Ducmarc

hey mark what time you get up ?  5:11 am post I feel for you. just looked in the rule book Tbike air cooled v twin is unlimited  and the 1000ds guys all run a drop in 1100 kit thats why there so fast of the corner I.got to wind mine up It does say 4 cyl liquid cooled pre 90 to 860cc hope your using that  marc

roadracer162

Nope I am not. I had to stay within my tolerable limit and be able to run it on the street if needed. Moroso blew that idea out of the water. If I were really serious I would have gone without charging system and do a push start as Bob Shy does, but I love my electric starter.

I just love the weird faces I get when I pull up to the grid on my 16 Y/O bike. A little while to go and it will be vintage.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Ducmarc

that fzr makes good power you need a 21 st century tire that 's what amazes me that 20 year old  18 inch tombstone