Twin sprint weekend schedule question

Started by racer865, January 21, 2003, 03:21:24 PM

racer865

Are GT lights GTO GTU going to be run on both sat and sun on twin sprint weekends or just on fridays at certain venues that are scheduled for races on fri and not at all at venues that fri is already taken for track days and schools etc. Concerned primarily with SE region   Thanks

ecumike

Yea, good question. Roebling is scheduled for twin sprint weekends.. is it GT classes (mini-enduros) on Fri only, all sprints on Sat, and all sprints again Sun. ?

Bernie

I think Roebling does a track hosted track day on the Friday before race weekends.  I was under the impression there weren't going to be GT races there on a twin sprint weekend. ???

ecumike

Oh man.. no GTs?...
See... Tiffiney can you clear this up for us?

CCS243

At least none at Roebling Road or at Barber.  The schedule shows 17 sprint races each day.  Saturday, registration/tech opens at 7:00, mandatory riders meeting at 8:05 (taking attendence :o), 8:30 practice with 2 rounds for 4 groups, racing at 10:00AM.  Lunch break after first three races.

Sunday is same, except only one round of practice and the race order is reversed.  

Best arrive with a truely race ready machine!    

ecumike

QuoteAt least none at Roebling Road.  Tentative schedule shows 17 sprint races each day.  Saturday, registration/tech opens at 7:00, mandatory riders meeting at 8:05 (taking attendence :o), 8:30 practice with 2 rounds for 4 groups, racing at 10:00AM.  Lunch break after first three races.

Sunday is same, except only one round of practice and the race order is reversed.  

Best arrive with a truely race ready machine!    

Tentative schedule? oh man... where are you getting this, I wanna see.

CCS243

Mike et al.,

I'll be the Race Director at Roebling this year ::).  The schedule is really solid for those events.  Track management will have open practice on Friday.  Keep in mind that Twin Sprint weekends are pretty economical ;).  This year your first non purse race is $70, second is $50 and all others $35.  So if you run three events on Saturday and again on Sunday, you will pay $70, $50, $35, $35, $35 and $35.  Look closely at  the pre-entry forms for the SAT & SUN columns.  You do want to check off both!

ecumike

Hey Art... actually, those $#s are wrong.. I believe Tiffiney's about to post the corect #s.. $70 1st, $55 all after

CCS243

Ah, I am and have been many things, but wrong, moi? ???

Kevin Elliott  ;D already answer the entry fee question here: http://www.racemotorcycles.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=rules;action=display;num=1041274267

I'll be glad to add your contributions to the corner workers fund.  Let's see, plus $5, plus $20, plus $20, plus.... next thing you know, we'll be talking real money here! ::)

TiffineyIngram

Hey guys!  Art's right on this one.  I was a bit confused...what I quoted was the pricing for Road America's twin sprint weekend in April.  I apologize, guys, lots of new stuff is going on, I'm trying to get things straight too.

EX#996

Quotewhat I quoted was the pricing for Road America's twin sprint weekend in April.

Road America is the closest track for us so it would be silly for us not to go, but not only are the entry fees more, so is the camping.   :-/

Oh well, it's a beautiful place and at least you don't have to pay for the showers.

Dawn  :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

TiffineyIngram

Hey, Road A is cheaper this year than ever before!  It's $70 for your first entry, $55 each additional.  It was $125 for your first entry, then $50 each additional.  Only difference is, this year doesn't include the gate fee...so you're saving about $20.