Not about racing, but...

Started by TiffineyIngram, January 20, 2003, 07:24:21 PM

TiffineyIngram

Okay, guys, time to cash in some favors.  I need help.  I'm trying to find a really cool hotel in New York City for my honeymoon with not too much success.  Anybody know how to get a great deal (online or otherwise)?  I've been to hotels.com, orbitz.com, expedia.com, hotwire.com, pretty much everything I can think of...no dice.  Any ideas?

Gracias in advance!   8)

sdiver68

MCRA Race School Instructor

Eric Kelcher

Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

K3 Chris Onwiler

As the Texans in the Pace salsa commercial would say, "NEW YORK CITY?!!!"  "Get a rope!"

I don't think I'd go there if they were having a race.  There are enough crack heads in Chicago...  Go to Mexico!  Get an all-inclusive resort.  Party all night, and sleep on the beach all day.  See som Inca ruins, go snorkling in caves or on a reef...  Mexico will be cheap that time of year.  Go Apple, and you won't be required to think at all from the time you park your car untill the time you get back to your car.  First class all the way, and cheap, cheap cheap!!  Been there, done that, and would be going back if racing wasn't sucking up all my time & money!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

sportbikepete

ExpressRacing

lightweightgp

tiff:

try the tudor hotel on east 42 st, it is a little off the beaten path and nice.   also try on the avenue which is on the upper west side.  broadway and 70 something street.  not too expensive, decent, and in a much cooler neighborhood than all those hoity toity hotels in midtown.    you're still going to pay $200 a night or so.

my work email is down:   can you tell me if you got my license renewal and my request to stay am.?   any word on my petition?   if i need to paint white numberplates on my fairings, i would like to know before i head off to Rosamond in a week and a half....

chris geary
SW AM 337

khanson

Tiffiny,

My wife and I went to NYC two years ago.  She used to live there so it was great knowing all the cool places to go.

We stayed at The Beckman which I think is at 1st/47th on the east side away from all the hoopla.  You could get a good nights sleep and hit everything during the day.

My wife found it online.  NYC is pricey, no way around it.  A dump will run you over $200.  She called the Beckman and the rate was $440 a night, then looked it up online and reserved it for a little over $200.  Plus, it's an authentic NY building instead of a cookie cutter Marriott plopped down in Times Square.

Call me, 217-493-3811, and I can give you the run down of the really great restaurants we ate at and cool things we did.

I grew up on a farm in my early days and said I would never go to NYC.  However, after going, it is phenomenal and am planning to go back.  It blows Chicago away! ;D ;D ;D
Kevin Hanson<br /><br />www.SafetyFirstRacing.com<br />Safety First Racing<br />847.357.1309

TZDeSioux

Quote It blows Chicago away! ;D ;D ;D

NYC got nothing on Chicago. As a matter of fact.. Chicago is the greatest city in the world. It's true. You should just come to Chicago and stay at the Sybaris  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Just kidding..  :P

Chef

QuoteNYC got nothing on Chicago. As a matter of fact.. Chicago is the greatest city in the world. It's true. You should just come to Chicago and stay at the Sybaris  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Just kidding..  :P

hey Rav,
d'you notice a pattern here?
or is it me.... who, in CHICAGO, started all this bashing???
i didnt notice anyone mention that crack-heads are everywhere,
or that CHICAGO is alot better place than many, and even better than newyawrk in many ways....
joe, you see anything funny here???
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

Eric Kelcher

Thanks for the help guys we got it. And to keep the harrassment to a minimum we will reveal the hotel AFTER we get back.  :-X  :D
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition