Daytona Water Temp sensor or Digital Tach

Started by Nate R, January 19, 2003, 08:47:23 PM

Nate R

If anyone has the Daytona digital tach, or temp sensor, could you please give me the dimensions of it? (NOT the Orange water temp gauge, but the black one with blue backlighting)

Thanx!

Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

SliderPhoto

Nate, you mentioned looking at a digital tach. Not sure if you've decided on one but thought I'd through out the idea of a mychron if you haven't decided yet. I used a Mychron 3 last season on my RC. They're made for Karts but they work good on bikes and are easy to install. You get temp, tach, and lap times built into one unit.

http://www.aimsports.com/pro_cat.php?cID=5

Let me know if you need one.

Nate R

Hmm, that looks good! It's backlit, too!

Tell me, is the tach range on the display adjustable?
Either way, I LIKE the looks of this! I can make use of it on the street or track. I can get the stuff I was gonna get before for $210, but they don't have a lap timer or data logger. I'll e-mail you off the board for some more info.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com

Nate R

Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com

SliderPhoto

QuoteHmm, that looks good! It's backlit, too!

Tell me, is the tach range on the display adjustable?
Either way, I LIKE the looks of this! I can make use of it on the street or track. I can get the stuff I was gonna get before for $210, but they don't have a lap timer or data logger. I'll e-mail you off the board for some more info.

The tach range is adjustable in that you can select a couple predefined ranges.

tigerblade

Hey Jack,

I assume you used the Mychron in place of the stock dash?  I'm trying to build my RC for this year but may have to stick with the stock tach for budget reasons.  :(
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

SliderPhoto

Yeah, my RC had no instruments and coming from riding an R1 on the track I found myself bouncing off the limiter a bit. :)  So, instead of shelling out the bucks for a stock cluster I put on the Mychron3.
For me it made sense, because I got the tach, temp, and lap times all in one.

SliderPhoto

For next season I hope to mount it forward where the stock guages were and find some colored plastic or something that I could tape over the tack display to give me a sort of a red line on the tach. As it is, the tach is hard to use and I find myself looking at the RPM number read out instead of the bar. I think the color or indicator will help.

tigerblade

Thanks for the info.  BTW, have you done the soft limiter mod on your RC?
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

SliderPhoto

QuoteThanks for the info.  BTW, have you done the soft limiter mod on your RC?

Yes.

Pit_Girl

QuoteYou get temp, tach, and lap times built into one unit.

ummm... uhh-oh.... it looks like certain lap timer might be out of a job :'( :'( :'(  lol...can i still hold your umbrella though? ::) hehehe :)

-jen

Nate R

LOL, I've changed my mind. I'm gonna go with the original set up I had in mind. I'm gonna get an even better system in a year or so, then. So, you'll be out of a job probably around the time you start racing.  :D

I see you got the new computer all set up. I'll talk to you more off the board.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com