News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Second Class Press Releases...

Started by Super Dave, September 10, 2006, 08:52:02 AM

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: OmniGLH on September 12, 2006, 02:05:03 AMThey're so afraid of finding out that they suck, that they're not willing to take a chance on the possibility that they might NOT suck.  Sad. 

Hell I admit I sucked racing bikes.:biggrin: But its all for the fun of it anyways.

Yep Todd, someone has to volunteer on their own for PR for us.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Super Dave

Quote from: 251am on September 12, 2006, 06:17:49 AM
Mike and Jim- great insights.

So, CCS is and never has been responsible for doing the PRs, correct? Essentially one of us has to do it.

During the CCE ownership of CCS, CCE owned the rights to anything written per se, so they were pretty tight on regulations.  To the point that it was a pain in the ass.  I believe Jack wrote one or two articles.

Super Dave

Super Dave

Mike, yeah, the track day programs changed some of the stuff that happens.  But I can't see that I have seen the racing organizations in general do much to change the face of club racing.  More classes, but that has lead to the the average number of races a racer enters decline, based on information that I have been told for all these years.

More to say, but later.
Super Dave

Jeff

With anybody writing anything for club racing, there has to be a benefit in it for that person to continue doing it.  Jack did some stuff and worked out a bit of compensation which he passed to me in the form of sponsorship.  It just didn't work real well.  The amount received would not have got him to the track every weekend and it's tough to write a story when you're not there.

It's a financial thing.  If you want to pay someone to write the stories, you'll get them consistently.  If not, well, you'll get little or nothing, and certainly not anything on a regular basis and well written.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

weggieman

Cycle News and RRW both pay for articles and photos. No it's not much, it definitely won't cover a weekends expenses.

The question remains though with all the friends, family members that attend the races any way, why don't any of them cover the events and make a couple bucks along the way?

Because everyone wants someone else to do it, that's why..................... :banghead:

251am

I'll research it with Mr. Ulrich as far as content, length, photos, etc.. If you guys can handle a style similar to Sam Fleming's, I'll give it a shot. I have been only reading RRW for about 5 years, but never really paid attention to specific classes covered that appease to us racers that read it. For example, one standout race I would have started the recent ASRA @ ACC P.R. would have been concerning Ben Thompson's blazing speed in ASRA SuperBike. I believe it was SB...Anyway,

What do you guys want to see?

Is there a different sort of coverage idea that would better set us apart from WERA/AMA/CRRA coverage?   

Open to suggestions. I have covered and written about events such as the Peoria TT, Slimy Crud events (Pete Egan's gang),  etc., etc., but just for out local BMW Club Newsletter.

weggieman

There are only certain things the mags want to see which I covered already. It makes no difference what the riders want...........

Blazing performances as Thompson's, expert or amateur, money races and multiple class wins.

You cannot cover all the classes, they will let you know that but, you should cover all the results at least to 3rd place, no more than 5th.

JU will send you all the info you need.

Scotty Ryan

Quote from: 251am on September 12, 2006, 06:41:54 PM
  I'll research it with Mr. Ulrich as far as content, length, photos, etc.. If you guys can handle a style similar to Sam Fleming's, I'll give it a shot. I have been only reading RRW for about 5 years, but never really paid attention to specific classes covered that appease to us racers that read it. For example, one standout race I would have started the recent ASRA @ ACC P.R. would have been concerning Ben Thompson's blazing speed in ASRA SuperBike. I believe it was SB...Anyway,

What do you guys want to see?

Is there a different sort of coverage idea that would better set us apart from WERA/AMA/CRRA coverage?   

Open to suggestions. I have covered and written about events such as the Peoria TT, Slimy Crud events (Pete Egan's gang),  etc., etc., but just for out local BMW Club Newsletter.

Sounds like this could be a start....
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??