DataTool Revlight? Daytona Digital Tach or Temp Ga

Started by Nate R, January 18, 2003, 08:48:43 PM

Nate R

Anyone have one of these? They look pretty slick, and seem to be an excellent option for my Race SV. I'm thinking of going ALL digital, and making a custom dash.

Digital:

Tach
Speedo (Bicycle)
Water Temp

And LED idiot lights, as well as the Revlight. The revlight would be first on my list, because that's all I need to get by at the track.

Anyone have one of these? If so, how is it? Does it shut off completely at night, or just dim? Because if it's my only instrument for a while, and I might be using it on the street, I'd prefer that it functioned in the dark. I've heard that it shuts off completely at night, but all the product literature says it "Auto-Dims"

If you did install this on an SVS, which wire is the tach signal wire?
-----------------------------
Also, if anyone has the Daytona digital tach, or temp sensor, could you please give me the dimensions of it? (NOT the Orange water temp gauge, but the black one with blue backlighting)

Thanx!
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Nate R

I heard that someone could NOT get it to work on the SV. This is the only person Ive heard of trying one on the SV. BUT, i did some digging, and found this, and posted it here:
http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=256976#post256976

So, what do you think they mean by that? The ignitor-coil wire, or the generator-coil wire? Or am i just off my rocker?

Some help from those who know the SV electrically? Anyone?
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com

EX#996

Nate:

Paul has a digital tach on his race SV and it works fine.  He doesn't like it though.  The numbers are racing by so fast that it is hard to read.  He would have much preferred to have an analog guage because with the needle you only need your periphial vision to know where your at.

His digital tach only dims at night.

I will see if Paul can hop on the net a little later to answer your questions.

Dawn   ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

TreyBone

First Hand -  The Daytona Temp guage sucks much A$$.  I have had 2 of them. The 2nd one was supposed to be new and improved.  STILL SUCKS. gave it away.

Analog tach is the only real way to go. you dont have time to be analizing numbers on a digital readout.  

Nate R

OK. What I'm REALY looking for is info about the Revlight on the SV.  That way, I don't need to use the digital tach on the SV when racing.

Anyone? Please read my post linked in my message above. I'm really hoping someone here can help me on whether I'm on track or not with my guesses on what they mean as far as wiring. (Click on the link to the post on the WERA board for this to make sense.)

Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com

RC51Racer

I agree that the digital tach sucks,the RC has one and I can never keep up with it.

Is there an alternate for the Daytona temp gauge?  I haven't seen anything else advertised.

Lowe119

I've have the revlight on my R6 and it worked great. I didn't fasten the wires well and I think I need to do that, because right now it comes on and off. (I just wrapped the wires together and the ground is pathetic)
It's nice to glance at it and see whether it's green, yellow or red. I programmed it so that it turns yellow at 10,500 and I knew that if it was only green that I was too low. Then I programmed it to turn red around 14,000. There are two red lights and it gave me enough to play with if only the 1 red was lit.
I made a small carbon fiber L-bracket to hold it onto my fairing bracket and it works great.

Sorry I can't help you with the SV, but that is my experience on the R6

Lowe119

Oh ya... the night question
The only time I used it at night was to show friends how it works, since I never raced at night and didn't drive it on the streets - at night  ;)
I didn't notice any dimming and it looked like it would work fine at night.

EX#996

QuoteOK. What I'm REALY looking for is info about the Revlight on the SV.  That way, I don't need to use the digital tach on the SV when racing.

Anyone? Please read my post linked in my message above. I'm really hoping someone here can help me on whether I'm on track or not with my guesses on what they mean as far as wiring. (Click on the link to the post on the WERA board for this to make sense.)

Nate:

I have e-mailed you our phone number, Paul should be able to help you out.

Dawn  
Paul and Dawn Buxton