Engine Ice or Evans Coolent CCS legal?

Started by Woofentino Pugrossi, January 17, 2003, 07:45:01 PM

Woofentino Pugrossi

Are either of these coolents legal for any region of CCS?
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

sdiver68

yes.  If you want more info, do a search, we had this discussion ad naseum not too long ago.
MCRA Race School Instructor

MightyDuc Racing

They gave away like 5 cases of Engine Ice at the FL CCS banquet, so I will go out on a limb and say it's legal down here.   ;)
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

tigerblade

QuoteThey gave away like 5 cases of Engine Ice at the FL CCS banquet, so I will go out on a limb and say it's legal down here.   ;)

Yeah well they used to give out Jolt cola in college but that sh!t shouldn't be legal...    ;D
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

MightyDuc Racing

You went to college?  The privileged don't get opionions on Jolt Cola...lol.  Only us losers that managed only a semester or two before we realized we couldn't afford college were supposed to buy that stuff!   ;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

chris_chops

QuoteAre either of these coolents legal for any region of CCS?
Neither should be legal because they are both very slippery and many organizations have banned them.  
     Do the responsible thing and run water-wetter or something just like it.  We had this thread several months ago, so look back in the archives or what not.  Many people argued that in the north it gets cold at night and they don't want their bike to freeze at the colder races in the early spring and late fall.  They present a good point, but the solution in safety's sake is to take the extra ten minutes to drain and refill the next morning being cautious to get all the water out so the block doesn't freeze.  Anybody is capable of this task.  Ten minutes lost is worth the safety of 100 other racers, period!  In my opinion, this pretty much sums it up.  If you want to argue with me, you are saying ten minutes is more important than my safety-- and that is pretty ignorant.  Unfortunately, someone will have the extra ten minutes to whine about what a pain it is to be safe, is this the kind of person racers want to share the track with?

Matt

sdiver68

Draining and refilling does not get the water out of the water passages in the engine, the same ones that cause engine damage.

Ask race engine builders how many damaged engines they get every yea from this...I have!

Would you rather be on the track with the very small potential of spiling some coolant...or the bigger possibility of me blowing an engine and spraying god knows what all over the race line?
MCRA Race School Instructor

Litespeed

Oil is slippery too, common sense would tell you that we shouldn't put it out on the track either right?

chris_chops

QuoteOil is slippery too, common sense would tell you that we shouldn't put it out on the track either right?
If it is in your bike, yes.

Litespeed

So, engine ice and evans goes in the bike, what's the difference?  Anything that gets on the track whether it be oil, antifreeze, water or last nights dinner is going to be slippery.  The big disadvantage with anti-freeze is that it's very hard to clean up and that's the primary reason it's illegal.  I am not sure if engine ice or evans is more slick than water but since they are deemed legal I'm sure that they are easily cleaned up should a spill occur.