Wear a helmet!!!

Started by Jeff, August 28, 2006, 10:03:46 AM

Jeff

That's all I can say.

I sit hear choking back tears at work as I type this...  A good friend an co-worker of mine was killed with his wife yesterday... 

They had kids, I don't know how old, I think one was a teenager and one was out of the house.  In any event, Ty was the nicest guy you'd ever meet (funny how all people killed on motorcycles seem to be that kind of person).

http://www.journaltimes.com/nucleus/index.php?itemid=7677

BY MICHAEL BURKE
Journal Times

CALEDONIA — Two Racine County residents, a husband and wife, were killed in a car-motorcycle crash Sunday afternoon at the intersection of Highway H and 4 Mile Road.

Tyrone Hall, 44, and his wife, Holly Hall, 43, had "massive" head injuries and were dead by the time police arrived at the scene, according to Caledonia police.

The authorities were unclear about the couple's address Sunday evening.
Police said the Halls were southbound on Highway H on a Honda Valkyrie motorcycle and passing other vehicles "at a high rate of speed," according to witnesses. Neither was wearing a helmet.

At 4 Mile Road, the motorcycle collided with a Chrysler Sebring driven by Daniel Casper, 75, of Milwaukee. Caledonia police said Casper had been eastbound and failed to yield the right of way to the motorcycle. The accident was reported at 2:48 p.m., and police said the Halls were dead when officers arrived five minutes later.

Police had Casper submit to a blood-alcohol test, which showed he had alcohol in his system. Charges of homicide by intoxicated use of a motor vehicle were pending Sunday.

With Casper in his vehicle were his wife, Joan, 71, and John Moulthrop III, 75, of Pennsylvania. Joan Casper was taken for medical treatment for a possible back injury, and Moulthrop was transported for an injury to his right arm.

The investigation will continue today, police said.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

h2o_motorsports

I heard about that on the news last night.  My condolences go out to the family and to all of the friends of the family.  No matter what you ride you should ALWAYS wear a helmet. 

spyderchick

I'm always sorry to hear of these things happening. My condolences to the Hall family and to you and your co-workers in this time of loss. Words cannot express how sad this makes me.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Simon

Damn.....that's terrible. My condolences to all affected.
MARRC Cornerworker
CCS AM 48
Always in the gravel, one way or another!
www.marrc.org

tstruyk

so many ways to prevent this from occuring... I am truely sorry Jeff.

thoughts and prayers

Struyk family
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Jeff

I don't know...  when your time is up, your time is up.  However, when you exit on a bike without proper gear it always makes people a bit more sad, and makes them constantly wonder 'what if'... 

Would they have died with helmets on?  I don't know.  but I do know that helmets reduce 'major head trauma', and when that's the listed cause of death.....

Ugh.  I just don't know.  I'm just bummed right now over this one.  Had he been wearing a helmet I want to believe it would have been easier for me to take...  Ty also knew Rodney Klepsch(sp?) and talked of him often.  He just missed coming out to BHF last round to see me race, and was planning on making one of the last 3 midwest rounds...
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

251am

Sorry to hear this Jeff. My condolences to you and the Hall family for your loss.

A good friend of mine here in Janesville is an EMT/Firefighter with the city. He tells me the gruesome stories, now and again, as a reminder to strap one on. Major head trauma is preventable. 

Jeff

So many people out there keep saying "helmet doesn't matter, they would have died anyway".   That kinda eats me though.  You just don't know...  What I DO know for a fact is that they are dead and they weren't wearing helmets.
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

sryan296

Not only do we need to get people to wear there gear. We need to get these drunken a@#holes off the roads.

JBraun

Quote from: sryan296 on August 28, 2006, 07:53:21 PM
Not only do we need to get people to wear there gear. We need to get these drunken a@#holes off the roads.
Word.
Dude and his wife get smoked by a drunk who didn't yield and the first thing the news mentions is that a "witness" said they were speeding.
It's hard enough for family and friends to deal with without the media acting like they had it coming.
I'm very sorry Jeff...
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

rwracer

Sorry Jeff, condolences Hall's, very tragic indeed.