News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Wear a helmet!!!

Started by Jeff, August 28, 2006, 10:03:46 AM

K3 Chris Onwiler

Been there Jeff.  I know how you feel.  Sorry for your sorrow.  All I can say is that it will eventually fade.  Time heals all.  For now, hang in there bro.

I went to a funeral today for one of my coworkers.  He comitted suicide.  Lotta "what if's" there, too.  He is the third guy in my department of 22 positions who has killed himself in the 13 years I've worked there.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

EM JAY

Always sorry to hear shit like this.  I'd have a best friend still had he been wearing a helmet...car that hit him fled the scene too...

Sucks big time.  Sorry for your loss man.
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

Jeff

Thanks everyone.  I'm trying not to be bummed over it, but you all know how it is. 

I can just see his reaction and hear him if he was hearing his own story...

There he'd sit,  hair slicked back, black beard, deep voice.  'wow.  sucks dude.'  LOL... that's about all he'd say.  well, then it'd be 'so... wanna go get some lunch?'.. 

:-) okay.  I feel better now... 
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

KBOlsen

CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Jeff

Here's the rest of the story:

http://journaltimes.com/nucleus/index.php?itemid=7693

08/28: In the end, family was on the agenda
Category: General Posted by: Editors
By Scott Anderson
Journal Times

RAYMOND — The Hall brothers and their wives were at a fair in Muskego on Sunday when their mother called.

She had some company come in from out of town and she wanted her sons and family to ride to her house in Sturtevant to be there.

It sounded like a good idea.

Tyrone Hall and his wife Holly left the fairgrounds first, pulling away on their Honda Valkyrie. They were followed by brother Guy and his wife, Cristie, on their Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail.

They left Muskego for Sturtevant that afternoon, traveling on the backroads.

They never made it.

The backroads were nice this time of year, Guy said, smooth ribbons of asphalt that cut through the countryside, green after recent heavy rains.
They traveled south on Highway H, when they came upon a slow-moving column of cars.

Tyrone moved to pass, pulling ahead of the three vehicles. Guy didn't think he could make it, so he hung back.

Moments later, Guy's big brother, the man who had been his protector all his life, and his wife, would be gone.

Guy remembers coming up on the intersection with 4 Mile Road that Sunday.

Replaying the events, he remembers how instantaneous everything was.
Following three cars, Guy watched as his brother's bike approached the intersection.

He saw a car traveling east on 4 Mile Road approaching the intersection, but it didn't look like it was stopping.

"I saw the car and thought, 'Oh my god, that car is going to hit them,' " Guy said.

It did, killing Tyrone and Holly instantly.

"I saw the whole thing," Guy said.

The family gathered at Tyrone and Holly's home in far western Raymond Monday, notifying relatives, retrieving important paperwork and making funeral arrangements.

"Right now, we're trying to realize it's real. It doesn't seem real," he said.

Guy spoke of his brother, describing him as a six-foot-three, 300-pound teddy bear of a man.

"He was a big, jovial guy," he said. "Being my big brother, he was always my protector and guider."

Tyrone and Holly would have celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary this December, as Guy spoke of the love the couple shared between them.

"They adored each other, she was the easiest going person you'd ever want to meet," he said. "She once said if anything ever happened to him, she wanted to be beside him."

Tyrone and Holly have two sons, Benjamin, 23, and Aaron, 19.

The couple owned River City Marina and Pets in Waterford for four years, selling the business within the last year.

Tyrone and Holly's motorcycle was struck by a vehicle driven by Daniel Casper, 75, of Milwaukee.

The Caledonia Police Department has forwarded its report o the Racine County District Attorney's office; Casper has not yet been charged in connection to the accident.

Investigator Gary Larsen of the Caledonia Police Department said the department extends sympathies to all families involved in Sunday's accident.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest