Just another stupid question.....

Started by Xian_13, January 17, 2003, 05:43:05 PM

TZDeSioux

My parents really never gave a crap what I did as long as I took care of business. When I was young, it was the whole education thing. As long as education didn't suffer.. I could do whatever the hell I wanted. My mom even bought me my first 3 bikes.(Suzuki SP125, 89 ZX7, 91 ZX7R) They don't mind that I race and they're pretty much used to the fact that I was always interested in dumb things. As far as my wife goes.. she could care less if I race or not as long as we're not financially effected by it. Maybe I can convince her to come out to one of the races this year... but probably not.  :)

Dawn

QuoteI lost my brother Mike in a cycle accident in 85, not much hope of convincing the family. But then my mom has been gone now for 25 years.

I wish my wife shared my passion but she worries, says she doesn't want to see me on the track, so she doesn't come to any of the events. Too bad really, since for the first 10 years we've been married I can count the nights we were apart on one hand. She made me promise a long time ago that my addiction of being on the track would never lead to racing and I understand.

But there is hope, I'm a software engineer and for years she hated computers and wouldn't touch them. Now she's geekier than most. :)

Jack:

Now that you have the travel trailer, and not actually racing...  Do you think she will come to some of the CCS events with you?  

Dawn  

Chef

well, first off, i can handle being called a sandbagger cuz as sdiver68 sed, on a budget, $500 is huge to bring back from a weekend that you spend $600 or so for.....along with, I like those 3 dollar woods (they make the story better), and the chance at a championship is KINDA real as an amatuer (i'll take whatever glory i can at this age).  
  now, my mom...........lets start w/dad, he woulda come out for a few hours, but if he didnt find someone to drink with ......asta.......   he taught mechanics to me (the REAL alley mechanics, he didnt touch anything, just pointed and sighed).... let me clear something tho, he woulda only drove beyound 1hr if i added that Fishing is nearby....
   mom is full of it tho!
she has ALLLL the supporting loving kind words as anyone could, but she's too scared to come out???. and YES she braggs....

wait, she hasnt been fishing in a while....dingdingdingdingding (the light's on)

drty
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

SliderPhoto

QuoteJack:

Now that you have the travel trailer, and not actually racing...  Do you think she will come to some of the CCS events with you?  

Dawn  

Not likely. Her idea of fun is shopping for shoes, returning to the mothership (Mall Of America), or taking a vacation in ManHattan to shop. I don't think I could get her to stay in the trailer, I didn't marry a princess, but somewhere along the way... :)

She usually comes with me to St. Louis but she usually gets a rental car or drops me at the track so she can go shop. :) I've been trying to find ways to get her more involved, so we'll see. Her weekends in the summer are busy too though--she's a wedding planner.

Jeff

Hey, Road America has a nice gift shop  ;D
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteHey, Road America has a nice gift shop  ;D

And Ike, Gingerman has a nice lake. ;D
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Chef

QuoteAnd Ike, Gingerman has a nice lake. ;D

mom's b-day is in may, round the g'man date.... maybe....

k3,
i sent you a personal note, you get it??
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.