Autobahn-Gate entry specifics

Started by deltadave, August 23, 2006, 09:55:58 PM

deltadave

Can we sign waivers, pay gate fees and get wristbands for the entire weekend on thursday night before the friday practice day?  Specifically, what will be the procedures and exact times available for gate entry?  May we please avoid the inconveniences that were incurred last year?  I'm not good at packing and upacking and packing and unpacking and packing and unpacking.

weggieman

Only if CCS personnel are there Thursday.

Jeff

Since this year, the track day on Fri is held by CCS, I don't believe there will be the same problem as last year. 

If there is another organization holding a track day, CCS has no control over who did and did not pay or sign waivers.  That being the case, since people abuse it and then SUE, they have had to empty the paddock on occassion.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

superspud

Is there camping at Autobahn and if there is, where?  I've never been there before, and would like to go this weekend.
CCS MW Am #778

Burt Munro

Dave,

STT has a Track Day on Thursday.  Info I got is that CCS will not have access to the track until Friday morning at 7AM.....  Registration, Tech, etc.

Changes my plans.....  I had planned to camp there Thursday night.

As far as showers on site.....  unless something has changed since last year, the "shower" consisted of a water hose - cold only - at the base of North Track scoring tower.  Maybe someone who has been there for a Track Day this year can update this.

Rick
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Jeff

There was camping last year.  Pretty sad that they charged for it.  Hell, for the amneties, they should have PAID us to stay there.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

superspud

Yeah, I just called there and if anything I'm more confused from talking to her.   :err:
She said the track day is considered closed at 5pm.  CCS has the track from Friday on, and then I asked her if there was camping Thursday night and I think she said no, but I asked her when we could begin arriving and that was Thursday night...

She also said they only take cash for gate fees, ie - no LP passes??  Anyone else use them there before?  Rick says otherwise, so I'm confused.

Oh and camping isn't $30/ person, it's $30 per RV/tent/vehicle....   :blahblah:  I'm wondering how they calculate/ patrol this...  Would it make more sense to just get a cheap hotel?
CCS MW Am #778

Burt Munro

Might be tough to find a hotel within 25 miles......  and cheap won't be part of the discussion

.....  ARCA/IRL races at Chicagoland Speedway that weekend which is only a couple of miles east of Autobahn 

http://www.chicagolandspeedway.com/cgi-bin/r.cgi/cls_schedules.html?SESSION=r2hicFXvE&N=&weekend_id=1710

ssduc750

So, does that mean that there is no entry to the Track after 5:00pm Friday!!? That would be extremely stupid.

superspud

Quote from: ssduc750 on August 25, 2006, 03:56:39 PM
So, does that mean that there is no entry to the Track after 5:00pm Friday!!? That would be extremely stupid.
no CCS has the track all weekend, I think that 5pm Thursday is technically when people can start dropping things off for CCS.
CCS MW Am #778

Burt Munro

Quote from: SuperSpud on August 25, 2006, 04:33:49 PM
no CCS has the track all weekend, I think that 5pm Thursday is technically when people can start dropping things off for CCS.

CCS has the Track as of 7am Friday....

Here is the text of a message I sent and the reply today from Kevin Elliott...

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 1:22 AM
To: Kevin.Elliott@ccsracing.us; Eric.Kelcher@ccsracing.us
Subject: Autobahn Gate Questions

Hey Guys!

Some questions coming up on the Forum about Thursday access to Autobahn.  I got the impression from Larry Manor that there wouldn't be any Tech setup on Thursday night due to Friday being a Track Day.  I think some folks are a little gun shy after the Gate issues there last September.

Appreciate anything you can update to me - or to the CCS Forum.
http://www.ccsforum.com/index.php/topic,14653.0.html

Thanks!

Rick

..... and here was Kevin's reply:

Hello Rick,

I have no contact with the Thursday people, so we are not planning to even go to the track until 6:30am on Friday...I will not be part of the fiasco again. Besides, how many days of practice do you need before an event? They should just plan on a Friday arrival.

Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations CCS/ASRA

Although things are always subject to change, I wouldn't count on being able to get into the track Thursday night!

Rick

deltadave

Rick,  Thanks.  That is exactly what I was looking for.  A definitive answer on when we can get in.
Regards,
Dave