Vesrah contingencies?

Started by Speedballer347, January 17, 2003, 02:09:40 PM

Speedballer347

Real happy w/ EBC, but thought I would give Vesrahs a shot this season.  
Do they offer a CCS contingency in 2003?
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

K3 Chris Onwiler

As far as I know, Vesrah does not offer contingency money.  In my experience, the chance of winning a few bucks for using EBC pads is the way to go.  In fact I think everyone should run EBC pads, especially if they're going to compete against me.  I'll just keep on running my Vesrah pads, and if EBC gives each of us free pads and a $100 bill, you can have mine.
Just for the record, I had to run EBC pads for two weekends before I got more Vesrahs.  My EBC pads are at the bottom of the lake at Gingerman...
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

sdiver68

Funny you mentioned that Speedie...

About 2 weeks ago I sent Tom Mason an email about whether or not he'd stock Vesrah for this year.  In WERA, they just hand you a new set pads at the event when you place in the races for which they "pay".  no order form, no cert, just instant pads.

Haven't heard back from him.  If he doesn't want to do it, I may.
MCRA Race School Instructor

Super Dave

You should be able to get Vesrah pads from me or Kevin Hanson.  We're working out the details.  In a pinch, I do like the DP Pads.  You can get them at your favorite dealership through Parts Unlimited...
Super Dave

mdr14

I agree, everyone I race against should run the EBC brake pads.

Ferodo has a new sintered race pad that Colin Edwards and the Europeans had been using. I hear they are great, but its too cold to try them right now.

Last year i tried a bunch of pads, The only ones that seemed to be worth a hill of beans after a few days ( or heck a few sessions for that matter) were the Vesrah RJL's and the Performance Friction '95' compund. The PF's are a carbon metallic where the vesrahs are metallic. Both broke in pretty nice, no whacky break ins.
Matt Drucker
MD Racing
www.mdracingstp.com

khanson

Vesrah pads rock!

I tried a lot of different pads last year and the Vesrah's become a crack habit in themselves.  Super Dave and I are working out the details on them, but should have plenty in stock.

Once you try them, you'll never go back whether they pay contingency or not.  The thing that is great is the have a really good feel to them and you know what the front tire is doing under breaking.
Kevin Hanson<br /><br />www.SafetyFirstRacing.com<br />Safety First Racing<br />847.357.1309

Gixxer124

What's wrong with stock ones??

Thingy

QuoteVesrah pads rock!

I tried a lot of different pads last year and the Vesrah's become a crack habit in themselves.  Super Dave and I are working out the details on them, but should have plenty in stock.

Once you try them, you'll never go back whether they pay contingency or not.  The thing that is great is the have a really good feel to them and you know what the front tire is doing under breaking.

Hanson, what are you talking about?  Keep your mouth shut.  I know that you are going to run with the big boys in AMA this year, but I still need my competitive adavantage.  SSssshhhhhh!
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

GAMEDIC

I have Vesrahs in stock now ;D

Super Dave

QuoteWhat's wrong with stock ones??

The stock ones really work pretty well.

The Vesrah and DP pads just have a real easy lever pull with the bike slowing down quickly.  No bed in.  Just go.
Super Dave

charliev

anyone tried the sbk-3 pads?

Super Dave

Super Dave