News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

What class?

Started by Pimpdaddy, August 18, 2006, 10:58:44 PM

Pimpdaddy

Hey racers, Just got my license and racing my first race next week. I ride a Buell XB12. What classes are the Buells running in? I have read the rules but just wonder whats the most popular. Thanks

Super Dave

Thunderbike, LW classes...you have a CCS rulebook?  What's done to the bike might dictate what you can't run.
Super Dave

Pimpdaddy

Stock Bike. Just a different slip on. I do have a rule book. There is alot of classes that the bike can be entered in. Just wanted to know the most popular. Also in the thunderbike, do the Buells have alot of problems with the RC-51s. I believe the RC's can run this class? Thanks Dave

Eric Kelcher

No RC51s in TBK.

Buells and SV are the two "hot" Lightweight bikes currently, Many riders use a SS bike and run up throught the lightweight classes on them at the regional level. SO even though the class allows unlimited mods you will find you have someone to race against even on a stock bike.

FYI Buell pays contigency in the TBK class (am included) and Supertwins check the contingency links and follow the rules (biggest issues seem to be forms and sponsorship listing errors) for payment. As such you will find that there are some built bikes for these classes but normally only at the expert level.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Pimpdaddy

Super Dave

RC51's are allowed in Supertwins, along with pretty much any four stroke twin production bike.
Super Dave