Q about Arai sizing.

Started by Speedballer347, August 17, 2006, 10:50:48 PM

Speedballer347

I use an old Arai Quantum F.  I cannot wear a Shoei or Soumi...painfully presses into my forehead, I have an oval head.
I want to order a new Arai before the CCS Gateway race. 
Quantum F is no longer available.....they show a Quantum 2 (and RX7 and Profile) now available.
I figured the new Q-2 would be the replacement for the Q-F, but the Arai site says the Q-2 is the most rounded (Shoei like) of the three.  The Profile being the narrowest/ovalest(sp) of the three.

Can anyone answer this....   if the old Quantum F is a perfect fit for me and I can't wear a Shoei, which is the correct Arai.

Thank you!
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Spooner

The quantum/f was the 'round oval', just like the q/2.  The Corsair (the new RX7) moved to the 'intermediate oval', and the signet-now called the profile is the long oval.  Basically-if the q/f fit, the q/2 will fit also.  Its the same helmet other than revised venting and now it has a removable liner.

-Nick
CCS Expert #172
'04 R6

Speedballer347

Thanks Spooner  8)

FWIW: I ordered the Quantum-2, couldn't wear it for more than a minute due to excessive forehead pressure. 
Compared it against my Quantum-E and Quantum-F, not even close to same shape.
I have an email into Arai about this issue, I will post Arai's email when I recieve it.
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Spooner

Hey you hitting the trackday this weekend and the races next weekend at Gateway??
CCS Expert #172
'04 R6

r1owner

Quote from: Speedballer347 on August 25, 2006, 01:22:10 PM
Thanks Spooner  8)

FWIW: I ordered the Quantum-2, couldn't wear it for more than a minute due to excessive forehead pressure. 
Compared it against my Quantum-E and Quantum-F, not even close to same shape.
I have an email into Arai about this issue, I will post Arai's email when I recieve it.

You need an OGK for that big noggin!

Speedballer347

Quote from: Spooner on August 25, 2006, 02:22:09 PM
Hey you hitting the trackday this weekend and the races next weekend at Gateway??
Spooner, yes be at both weekends.  I'll be under the roof in the garage space, bike is bright yellow GSXR #347ex.  Stop by, we will be cooking burgers and dogs at lunch.

dylanfan53

FWIW, I used to wear a Quantum F and liked it.  Decided to upgrade to a RX7 Corsair and it was too big and flopped around.  I was surprised that the size would be that different.  Also, it was noisy.  I don't usually wear earplugs but I had to with the Arai, even though I didn't with the Quantum F.  I couldn't even wear it on the street and sold it on Ebay. 
I switched to Suomy and I'll never go back. Great product and got a good price from Lithium. (and no, I'm not sponsored by them).

Don Cook
CCS #53

Spooner

Quote from: Speedballer347 on August 26, 2006, 11:39:33 AM
Spooner, yes be at both weekends.  I'll be under the roof in the garage space, bike is bright yellow GSXR #347ex.  Stop by, we will be cooking burgers and dogs at lunch.

Cool man-I am expert #172-I'll be on a blue and white R6 with white wheels.  I'll be heading over with Tim.

-Nick
CCS Expert #172
'04 R6

Speedballer347

Quote from: Spooner on August 26, 2006, 01:44:32 PM
Cool man-I am expert #172-I'll be on a blue and white R6 with white wheels.  I'll be heading over with Tim.

-Nick
Tim Stryk?  Right on!
We will have burgers and dogs at lunch!
My bike will say HighSpeedAssault on the side fairings, find us for lunch.

Super_KC124

You wear a helmet? What a squid. :ass:

r1owner

Quote from: KC_124 on August 27, 2006, 02:16:01 AM
You wear a helmet? What a squid. :ass:
He didn't used to... which explains a lot.

Super_KC124