News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

07 Rules New Topics being discussed per the ROC mailer

Started by PaulV, August 17, 2006, 02:04:22 PM

PaulV

Kevin,

Just bump the HW class limit from 775 to 1000cc's in F40, do a trial of 3 or 4 weekends, if the # of 600 entries are not offset by the increase in 1k entries, revert back.

Just my 2c

Paul
Polar-Optics
MW #90
See Better, Ride Safer!

jryer

Quote from: PaulV on October 07, 2006, 10:24:59 PM
Kevin,

Just bump the HW class limit from 775 to 1000cc's in F40, do a trail of 3 or 4 weekends, if the # of 600 entries are not offset by the increase in 1k entries, revert back.

This sounds like it might work and it would hopefully have minimal impact on revenue. KEVIN is this something that sounds do-able to you?

roadracer162

Quote from: SVR6#231 on October 02, 2006, 04:43:34 PM
Hum.  I got into F40 LW because I felt that it was probably the safest way for me to start. 

I'm a little disapointed to hear (as a new racer) that the guys who finish upfront even in LW are shelling out big bucks for tires.  It comes down to who has the biggest wallet or capacity for dept vs outright skill.

Steve,
Not everyone spends an arm and a leg to race in LW F40. I do race the Florida region and I have calculated the cost of my weekend. For Saturday practice(all day) and two Sunday races I spend a total of $500.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

roadracer162

Quote from: Team_Serpent on October 04, 2006, 04:15:56 PM
I just looked at the first three or four Florida regoinal schedules.  No wonder your looking for change - that's not a weekend of racing that's a Sunday of racing!  Personally I really don't like that type of schedule - give me some races on Saturday and spread it out a bit.  That Sunday schedule you have down there is to much to fit into one day IMHO.

Maybe the schedule is hectic for the classes that you run but it suits me just fine. It does allow a newer rider in the amateur ranks to get some good track time during Saturday practice.

It can be hectic for other racers as they sometime will run up to nine races in one day.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Team_Serpent

Quote from: roadracer162 on October 09, 2006, 11:52:19 PM
Maybe the schedule is hectic for the classes that you run but it suits me just fine. It does allow a newer rider in the amateur ranks to get some good track time during Saturday practice.

It can be hectic for other racers as they sometime will run up to nine races in one day.

Mark

I hear ya, kinda just goes to show that what one person likes the other might not.  That's the great thing about America - freedom of choice.

While I might prefer one schedule over another one thing for sure is I'm shown up either way. 

Sir, I just want to ride!  :biggrin:

motobenco

Can we just add a Fomula 30 class and Kawasaki 600 class and be done with it. If there is not enough time in the day can we create that as well. If thats not possible we should just give up lunch. Who eats lunch anyway that was cool in the late eighties. Get with the times people, faster - faster - faster, and if you have back to back races you should be able to continue lapping the track and let all of those sorry souls catch up from pit lane. It's their own fault for not entering more races. It's all about seat time and not sitting in the pits waiting for your turn. Now if you really want to get creative how about 2-way transponders that allow control to alert you when your next race is, no more missed calls. 
Rescue and restoration of 60's & 70's motorcycles, former pro-racer, motorsports enthusiast.

Ducati23

Allowing 1000's in F40 would be okay, and allowing all twins to run (SBK/GP spec) slicks would be nice too!
CCS/ASRA #23
GP SuperTwins Champion 2007 2008
Ducati 848

Rick Beggs

i will race f40 on my 600, (or 636) wheather or not there are 1000 cc bikes out there,  there are 750 cc zukes with 145 hp out there now, and i can deal with them, most 1000 will only have 160 hp any way, you ever try to deal with 160 hp in a corner? not easy, only the best can do it well
it will suck at Daytona, but at least i am not riding an sv against N8,
RICK BEGGS
RnRCycles VPLubricants TuckerPowerSports FullSpectrumPower MotoLiberty RSTaichi AraiHelmet EBCBrakes EvansCoolant EVS DIDChains MaacoSterling ArmourBodies LextekMotorcycle WoolichRacing Woodcraft JTSprockets ZeroGravityRacing PitBull Lapking ChickenHawk PodiumMotorsportsPirelli

banzaib132

Quote from: Team_Serpent on October 04, 2006, 04:15:56 PM
I just looked at the first three or four Florida regoinal schedules.  No wonder your looking for change - that's not a weekend of racing that's a Sunday of racing!  Personally I really don't like that type of schedule - give me some races on Saturday and spread it out a bit.  That Sunday schedule you have down there is to much to fit into one day IMHO.
That's what I've been trying to tell them for 7 years now.

Super Dave

Quote from: CCS on October 05, 2006, 03:03:40 PM
Two questions for you (especially you Super Dave)
1. Are you willing to spend $150 per class to race if we eliminate SuperBike or GP?
2. Are you willing to promise me you'll enter both classes that are left and that all the other riders will?

We won't start on the purses for every class until later...that will be another eye opener.
$150 per class?  I ways, yes, I see value. 

I'd like to see at least a reduced number of expert classes with a purse and an increased entry fee.  Will everyone enter?  No, but as it is, riders go away every two to three years, so the same philosophies of years and years and years of club racing have not changed what happens:  riders move to expert, or are threatened with becoming experts, and then some move on. 

Kevin, I like the new ASRA purse structure based on entries.  It's a start, and it doesn't put you at so much risk.  I'd like a sponsor, for real, for the program.  Actually, I'd like class sponsors for each region.  CMRA has put together small packages with "Pace American Trailer Middleweight Lunatic" or stuff like that.  Those kind of sponsorships could be used to increase entries into classes that might not be receiving the entries that they could .
Super Dave