so when will we know...

Started by HandleThis66, January 16, 2003, 03:14:31 PM

HandleThis66

just wondering when we all find out what number (and plate color for some) we will be running this year.  when is the yummy fun packet being mailed?
antsy, antsy, antsy...i got ants in mah pants.
rhiannon :-*

K3 Chris Onwiler

I decided to keep my old number.  The final straw was when Tiffany reminded me that if I took a new number, my old number would be up for grabs, and how would I feel if it's new owner sucked?  Ouch!  I thought that maybe after last year they'd just retire it! ::)

Anyway, I just came in from the garage.  It's payday, so I stopped by the bike shop to pick up some numbers for the new paint job.  You know, 333 looks good on a white plate! ;D
K3
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Protein Filled

QuoteIhow would I feel if it's new owner sucked?  Ouch!  I thought that maybe after last year they'd just retire it! ::)

hmmm....I think I will just keep out of this one. Way too easy...must be a trap of sorts.
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

EX#996

Not having an overly spectacular year, we asked for a new number like...  11, 22, 33, 44, etc....

Rhiannon, if by some stupid chance we get your 66, would you be mad at me?   :-*

Dawn  

P.S.  I send Paul's renewal in on 01/06/03 and the check still isn't cashed.  Should I be worried.   ???
Paul and Dawn Buxton

HandleThis66

oh dawn, don't expect that check to be cashed until the worst possible moment before a race weekend...probably in april.  it happened to me right before daytona.  two checks for entries were cashed three months after i wrote them ??? .  and if you poo's get my number, i'll um, um, um.  i'll poo on your number.  but i know you can't steal my f-usa number, you gotta have that special license to do that. (unless you got one of those, too :( )
hee hee...rhiannon :-*

K3 Chris Onwiler

Quotehmmm....I think I will just keep out of this one. Way too easy...must be a trap of sorts.
That may be the funniest slam that's ever been thrown my way.  No contest, Edgar.  You win this round!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"

Jeff

QuoteI decided to keep my old number.  The final straw was when Tiffany reminded me that if I took a new number, my old number would be up for grabs, and how would I feel if it's new owner sucked?  

In 2001 I was: Jeff, riding a Honda CBR600F4 with #715.  

In 02, I opted for a shorter number (ya know, $8 less in digits, and as many as I replace...).  Around the end of the season, it was funny.  There rolled out another "Jeff" on an F4 with the # 715...  Coincidence?? (cue twilight zone music)

Oh, and I can't comment on his/her riding skills.  I didn't verify them :-)
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Dawn

Quote two checks for entries were cashed three months after i wrote them ??? .  and if you poo's get my number, i'll um, um, um.  i'll poo on your number.  but i know you can't steal my f-usa number, you gotta have that special license to do that. (unless you got one of those, too :( )
hee hee...rhiannon :-*

LOL!!!!

Those checks must have been in the same bunch as mine.  I had some written in July and not cashed until October (I think).    ???

We didn't apply for a F-USA number, but Paul said that you would be really upset with us if for some reason we were assigned your CCS '66'  ;D  Don't worry, I sure if that happened a quick phone call would straighten it out.

Dawn   ;)

motomadness

K3,

Can't an AM and an EX have the same number? ???  

If so, doesn't that mean there's still a chance that someone could take your AM number and either make it better, or just completely annihilate your legacy.  Not to crap on your dream, but just had to deflate the cranium a little.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

HandleThis66

ex and am work off the same # system.  the numbers only vary from region to region.  but that would be funny if someone really screwed up all of the work chris put into his @ss riding legacy, and made it through a whole season wihtout laying the 333 down!  he he he  :D
rhiannon  :-*

Dawn

Rhiannon:

You could have Chris' '333'
Chris could have Dave's '80'
Paul could have your '66'
Kim could have Paul's '996'
and Dave could have Kim's '507'

Boy!  That would mess a few people up! It could be fun though.  

Dawn   ;D

K3 Chris Onwiler

Quoteex and am work off the same # system.  the numbers only vary from region to region.  but that would be funny if someone really screwed up all of the work chris put into his @ss riding legacy, and made it through a whole season wihtout laying the 333 down!  he he he  :D
rhiannon  :-*

Rhiannon, it's taking every bit of self control that I have to hold my tounge at this moment... :P

Dawn, what i really want to do is to secretively slip out on Kim's TL and bust some heads!  If no one caught on, that would be the talk of the paddock the whole summer long.
Anyone who thinks Kim is an easy mark had better get the seams on their leathers reinforced.  She and I are both taking some serious schooling this summer, and I intend to personally help Kim whenever I can.  I predict trophies for her by year's end!