Barber TC results? ???

Started by xseal, August 11, 2006, 06:46:24 PM

wvracer97

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

That's funny... sort of.

Before the decision was made we verified our strategy with the race director and Kevin Elliot.  Totally legal.

Moot point, though, even if our team was wrong.  We would still have won by at least one lap even if we had to come back in after the restart under the green flag.

We're fast and consistent-- that's why we haven't lost yet.  See you at VIR (my home track).   :cheers: :cheers:

benprobst

10.4.3 Pit Stops-All teams will be required to stop at least once for a mandatory rider
change. Therefore, pit road will be closed to all spectators for the duration of the
Team Challenge. Only credentialed riders and crew may be on pit road during the
event
A. Rider Change- All teams must change riders at least once during the event. There is
no minimum or maximum time per rider. Mandatory rider changes cannot be done
while race is stopped during a red flag situation.

No biggie, you guys whipped everyones but, no doubt about that, its just that rules keep racing, racing. anyway, it wouldnt have been a matter of coming in to serve a penalty, they would have slapped a big DQ on your front plate. But hey, that didnt happen, and you guys were flying so you won.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

wvracer97

I'm not one to usually get wrapped up in rules interpretation, but for some reason I feel motivated to argue-- I mean discuss-- this point.  Check this out:

3.4.4 Starting Procedures
A. Three calls will be made prior to the start of the countdown for each race. All
competitors should report to the designated staging area prior to the final call.
B. The countdown will commence by display of a green flag and a number board,
usually beginning with #5. At that display, all riders may proceed on one lap of the
circuit, returning to their assigned grid positions.

What everyone is missing here is that the red flag gets taken down when the 5 board comes up and the green waves to commence the warm up lap.  That means GREEN TRACK, not red flag until the grid is launched with the 1 board.  This should end all discussion on this point as we are right.  Completely.  Just think about it, bikes would never be let go on a warmup lap with the course still red.

Don't hate the player, hate the game :biggrin:

nfcracin

A. Rider Change- All teams must change riders at least once during the event. There is
no minimum or maximum time per rider. Mandatory rider changes cannot be done
while race is stopped during a red flag situation.

from the above racing is still stopped till the green flag for the restart
the warm-up lap is not the start of racing   :kicknuts: :cheers:

wvracer97

If you insist on arguing I will be forced to decline riding for you guys next year! :spank: :biggrin:

You know what that means... :err:  Probably nothing! :cheers:

So let's move on and dump this thread.

nfcracin

Good now I can quit looking for next years riders  :biggrin: :biggrin:

See ya at VIR

wvracer97

Boy, I sure hope Calvin doesn't lurk on this board :biggrin:            :thumb:

Protein Filled

Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!