Would this number plate pass tech???

Started by Z-man, August 06, 2006, 12:16:55 PM

Z-man

Just got back from picking up my bike from Speedwerks, they did a fantastic job and damn they were quick.  Before I go trying to match paint for the windscreen.  I wanted to know if this plate would be legal as is.  The rules say that the air intake can't be obstructing the number.  I don't think it is in this photo (keep in mind that the white backing on the numbers will be gone).  Let me know what you think.

Or do I absolutely have to paint the windscreen?

Z
CCS #79 EX

2007 Sponsors
Speedwerks, Team Pro-Motion, Martinmoto.com, Turner Landscaping, CTR, Redline Motorsports, Oxtar, Pirelli, Amsoil, LP, Vortex

r1owner

Not sure on the numbers (looks OK to me), but I doubt the color of the plate will pass tech.

spyderchick

Read this thread for clarification on the yellow. If the plate is anything but "yellow" you might want to repaint the plates before applying the numbers. Also, you can ask at tech where they think your numbers should be.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Eric Kelcher

The air intake is in the middle of the number plate. You need to raise numbers up and paint/vinyl/tape etc the lower portion of number plate.

Color needs to be yellow, colors can be "adjusted" in digital cameras, films, pictures, moniters but it appears correct on my laptop.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Gixxerblade

This is the way I would do it if it were me.

Bigsexy

Looks to me like Larry will have a big problem with the yellow you went with it looks like house of colors floresent yellow to me and teck has a big problem with that shade of yellow
:)
Rob

superspud

Quote from: Bigsexy on August 07, 2006, 02:14:34 AM
Looks to me like Larry will have a big problem with the yellow you went with it looks like house of colors floresent yellow to me and teck has a big problem with that shade of yellow
:)

Yeah, Larry in his own subtle way will probably ask you to change it.    :kicknuts:
CCS MW Am #778

Eric Kelcher

Just noticed you said there is white backing around numbers if so then there is a definite color shift (lighting maybe?)cause that does not look white on my moniter.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

K3 Chris Onwiler

Eric, I think he meant that the numbers were still attatched to the paper backing in the first picture.
Put some yellow vinyl on the windshield, connecting the yellow you already have on either side of the screen, and go with the big numbers.
And no, they don't like flourescent yellow on the number plates, so you'll have to repaint that.  Think School Bus Yellow when you're choosing number plate paint in CCS.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Casper34

from a cornerworker point of view your bike will be 7 in one turn and a 9 in another
Corner Worker Runner
T 2,3,8,9 Homestead
T 2,3-4 Moroso
T 7 Jennings

Burt Munro

I can't speak for how it might be viewed in other regions....  but I can say for a fact that you're original concept would need some work to pass in the Midwest Region.

The above opinions on the putting yellow on the lower section of your windscreen would help a lot.  The rendition that Gixxerblade did with spacing them closer together and up on the windscreen is great.

The ductwork on the '06 R6 and newer Kawasaki's is creating a real challenge in placing numbers so that they can be read at high speed.  Luckily you're got a 2 digit number.  The guys with 3 digits have a real challenge!!

The comments on the shade of yellow falls into the danger zone.  If it is in fact tinted a little greenish like it appears on my monitor, it will be a problem.  Any paint that says "hi-viz yellow" or "neon yellow" will most likely be rejected.  Just go with plain old YELLOW!  The best example I can give is something like a John Deere Yellow or School Bus Yellow.

Best advice is what looks really cool sitting in your garage may cause a headache for the scorers when you're in a pack of 4 or 5 riders going 150+  down the straight!
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Jeff

If your plate was bigger you could put the 2 numbers on the correct scoring side (based on the track) and either move the numbers, or apply 2 sets (one on each side) and cover 1 set up...

And yeah, your green won't pass for yellow in the midwest...  Think smiley yellow  :wah:  :kissy:  :kicknuts:
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Woofentino Pugrossi

Best bet is either school bus yellow or OSHA safety yellow (what I used for 6 yrs).

Problem though I see is that even those yellows sprayed on that blue base can end up greenish sometimes also.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

andy908hamblin

If you look at the flyer for the CCS Florida September 9th and 10th @ Jennings. You will see that one of the Lopez brothers has a triangle of yellow over the windshield and he has his 3's just about in line with each other.

Speedballer347

Mike Pruitt is doing three 6" numbers off to the side of his Kawasaki. 
I saw his setup, and did the same to my bike.

CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

MJFRacing

Michael - CCS 73