Anyone Got any Exhaust Wrap?

Started by Nate R, January 15, 2003, 07:01:28 PM

Nate R

I need some exhaust wrap, but I'm hoping someone has some extra laying around. I don't need anywhere close to 50 ft, which is how much you usually get when you buy it.

Let me know if you have some, I may want to buy it off of you.

Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Jeff

QuoteI need some exhaust wrap, but I'm hoping someone has some extra laying around. I don't need anywhere close to 50 ft, which is how much you usually get when you buy it.

Let me know if you have some, I may want to buy it off of you.

Nate,

I just finished going through the last of my 50ft roll this last summer.  Eventually you'll go through it all.  If you want though, I'll go in on a roll with you since I need some more for this year.

Cool-Tech is the stuff I've used, and the stuff works well enough that you could lay the back of your hand on the headers after a race without getting burned..;.

Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Nate R

Sounds good! I'll probably use 20 ft or so, if that.  I'll e-mail you off the board. I found some for a relatively good price.

I just need to wrap a part of the pipe so the fairing doesn't melt/burn.

Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Protein Filled

Not to throw anything into the deal here, but just a heads up. Exhaust wrap wears out and you will end up using more to rewrap the pipe as the season goes on, specially when it rains a lot.
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

Jeff

Yeah, that's how I burned through all 50'.  But I figure if Nate needs a few feet to get rolling, I'm more than happy to work it out with him...

Even after I wrapped my header mid-pipe, I had some burn spots where the wrap wore/etc.  I was thinking of adding a bit of heat shield inside the lowers as well...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Super Dave

And the wrap traps moisture near the pipe and causes it to disintegrate.  

In the Milwaukee area, Classic Coatings up in Sheboygan, can put a Jet Hot coating on it.  Keep the heat inside and keep it looking good...
Super Dave

KBOlsen

I wrapped my exhaust AND used a thermal barrier, and STILL managed to burn my bodywork.

I've heard good things about Jet Hot.  Anybody tried it?
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Super Dave

It's ok.  It is really more appearance oriented vs real thermal efficency.

There is a place called Swain Tech that I use for any kind of coatings.  They are out east.  Do good work.  Their exhaust thermal barrier works.  Won't be a pretty color though...
Super Dave

KBOlsen

I don't care what color it is, as long as it keeps my bodywork from roasting. ;)  Poor exhaust is already quite "ugly".

sdiver68

Quote Poor exhaust is already quite "ugly".

Well, it IS a TL after all :P
MCRA Race School Instructor

mdr14

I know for a fact that Andy Weiberdink has a whole role sitting in sheboygen, If you want I can forward him your email
Matt Drucker
MD Racing
www.mdracingstp.com

KBOlsen

QuoteWell, it IS a TL after all

:D I refer to it as having the "lived-in" look ;)