News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Registration and sign in at Barber

Started by eh427, August 02, 2006, 10:43:39 PM

eh427

Being that there is no track day on Thursday, I was wondering if they would be able to open the gates and registration earlier than six oclock. I don't think that two hours is going to be enough time to get everyone registered and in the gates. Anyone else have the same thoughts?
Eric Helmbach
CCS #427
ASRA Team Challenge Overall #1
Chester Auto Repair Racing
Grease Monkey Racing

travler

They will probably start walk up registration around 2:00.  Then when the gates open you just drive through.

TrophyGal

Quote from: travler on August 03, 2006, 12:16:30 AM
They will probably start walk up registration around 2:00.  Then when the gates open you just drive through.

It won't be 2 o'clock .. IF we open any earlier than 6, it'll be for Team Owners and Pre-Entered riders only.  At this time I can't tell you what time .. but it won't be at 2.

Besides .. Barber won't let you inside until 7 o'clock .. so what's the hurry?

Thursday night is a "staff volunteer" night.  If anyone would like to pitch in some money to pay the staff extra $$, come forward.

ecumike

Ah crap.. 7p?... Good to know, I won't have to leave as early now.

eh427

Thanks for the info Jeanne. Your help here and at the track is much appreciated.
Eric Helmbach
CCS #427
ASRA Team Challenge Overall #1
Chester Auto Repair Racing
Grease Monkey Racing

TrophyGal

Quote from: ecumike on August 03, 2006, 08:02:09 PM
Ah crap.. 7p?... Good to know, I won't have to leave as early now.

Yeah .. Barber rented the track to someone else - how dare they! I say.  They could've run a track day for us instead!!

RocketJockey

Quote from: TrophyGal on August 03, 2006, 04:26:53 PM
It won't be 2 o'clock .. IF we open any earlier than 6, it'll be for Team Owners and Pre-Entered riders only. 

Besides .. Barber won't let you inside until 7 o'clock .. so what's the hurry?

The times listed above are for Thursday afternoon/evening (PM), right?

Thanx!

Word...

TrophyGal

Quote from: RocketJockey on August 04, 2006, 08:15:25 AM
The times listed above are for Thursday afternoon/evening (PM), right?

You are Correctamundo.  Fri/Sat/Sun registration opens a 7am.

BTW .. while I have everyone's attention .. This is gonna be a big event, so following these guidelines will speed up the processes in all departments.

1. Have your CCS/ASRA License and Photo ID ready
2. All paperwork completely filled in (if you don't know what classes to enter, READ THE RULEBOOK)
3. All members of your Team Challenge team together so all can sign all forms
4. Sponsor Listing form completed too (give this to Registration .. NOT tech)
5. When you leave Registration, Don't forget your transmitter!

Tech:
1. Be "Race Ready" .. leathers, helmets, gloves plus transmitter mounted properly
2. Contingency forms signed & completed - with your bike's VIN number etc.
3. Pink copy of Entry Form in your hand
Note:  That pink form contains personal information and verifies what you have entered.  Do NOT leave it by mistake in Tech.  Do NOT Misplace It.  (If there are any questions whatsoever about your entires, you must have your pink form.)

For Trophies, Hats & T-shirts, Pre-entries for future events, & refund requests - 2nd Floor tower Customer Service Dept. (Track maps, schedules & various other forms will also be available here.)

Posted in the Tech area (ground floor of tower):  Lap Times, Grids, Final Results
(problems with any of these things - see a Tech Inspector first)

Scoring -- Do NOT take any transmitter into scoring.  (you'll see mild and meek Amber's dark side if you do!)  Only go to scoring if told to do so by a CCS race official.

wvracer97

Jeanne,

Can you bring my 1st place overall trophies for Blackhawk, Heartland Park and Summit Point to Barber so I can save on shipping?  I'll have a check in hand! :biggrin:

TrophyGal

Quote from: wvracer97 on August 04, 2006, 05:11:01 PM
Jeanne,

Can you bring my 1st place overall trophies for Blackhawk, Heartland Park and Summit Point to Barber so I can save on shipping?  I'll have a check in hand! :biggrin:

I don't accept checks any more, Scott.  (Once burned .. twice shy.)

You must order trophies thru my website and pay for them there.  I'll be glad to bring them if you do it before Wednesday of next week.

TrophyGal

Quote from: TrophyGal on August 04, 2006, 07:08:10 PM
I don't accept checks any more, Scott.  (Once burned .. twice shy.)

You must order trophies thru my website and pay for them there.  I'll be glad to bring them if you do it before Wednesday of next week.

Hey Scott .. your trophies shipped today UPS Ground.  Thanks!

travler

The credentials building will open at 4:00 for walk up registration for camping.  $25.00 for paddock (no tents in paddock) and $15.00 for tents on the hilltop.  If you get there early and want to save time you can go ahead and take care of this.  It is sold through Zoom and not CCS so you will have to do it at a separate window.

RocketJockey

Quote from: travler on August 07, 2006, 08:20:18 PM$25.00 for paddock (no tents in paddock) and $15.00 for tents on the hilltop. 

Are these fees per person, per tent/RV/camper, or what? Is it convenient/close from the paddock to the "hilltop"?

Thanx!

Word...

travler

Per rv/tent whatever.  If you camp in the paddock even in your trailer you pay $25.00 for the weekend.  The hilltop is the lot overlooking the paddock where the big rigs set up for big events and a tent is $15.00 for weekend.

merle4

Do they man the gates all night? We'll be arriving in the wee hours thursday night/ friday morn. Thanks

Merle

TrophyGal

I think I just replied to you on the USGPRU board.

Gates close at 9pm .. if you don't already have an armband (and camping pass if nec.) you won't be able to get in until 7 am.

Clay

I assume registration is at the building right before the front gate? 

If we have pre-registered, can we use the pre-reg line, then add a race while there?  I assume tech will be open Th?  If so, how long? 

TrophyGal

Yes and Yes.

Thursday night is staff volunteer night.  Tech hours will be up to the ones working it.  We staff can't get in until 7pm either - not even to unpack.

RocketJockey

Quote from: travler on August 08, 2006, 07:32:57 PM
Per rv/tent whatever.  If you camp in the paddock even in your trailer you pay $25.00 for the weekend.  The hilltop is the lot overlooking the paddock where the big rigs set up for big events and a tent is $15.00 for weekend.

Thanx for the info!

Word...

Clay

Thanks Jeanne.  See all y'all tomorrow.  :)