How many people are going to Barber that...

Started by YellowDesmo998, July 21, 2006, 05:33:59 PM

YellowDesmo998

...that have never been there before?  I had a huge feeling of relief when I first heard there was going to be a track day.  But as we all know that isn't happening anymore.  Will it be worth the 815 mile trip (one way)?  This will also be the first time on my new race bike.  I haven't put a mile on her yet.  Is this a recipe for disaster?  :whine:

MELK-MAN

.. hardly, we all had our first times there. Everyone has had a first time on new track too. Just take a little extra care. If you can, find some onboard footage like on the "Roadrace" DVD or elsewhere. Watched laps of the track for 3-4hrs before i went there my 1st time. Finished very well!
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

YellowDesmo998

Thanks for the encouragement.  I think I needed that more then anything.  I'm the kind of person that like to be as prepared as possible before heading into any situation.  The lack of a track day was a big blow on the 'ol confidence levels.  I have the Roadrace DVD and will check it out.  Thanks.

Bigsexy

im driving from northern MN for the race it will be my first time there also but i hear the track is a must see track so ill be there trackday or not.
good luck
Rob

Bigsexy

check out the video's Mike S. has from last year they are posted on his web site
www.teamsimoneracing.com
Rob

YellowDesmo998

Thanks for the video links.  It's nice to see the track from several different perspectives.  Anyone have any more?

jeyrod

http://www.fifteenfive.com/videos.html - I used this video before my first trip to Barber. Its a few years old but can still get the job done.

Spooner

Last year when we went to Autobahn I watched on-board footage quite a bit so I could memorize the track and have some idea of the race line.  I got a wopping 5 laps of practice before my first race but I had a very successful weekend-I love going to new tracks!

-Nick
CCS Expert #172
'04 R6

YellowDesmo998

Thanks fellas, I'm feeling allot better about the whole thing now.  If you get a chance, stop by the big red, white and blue 12x20 EZ-Up.  The Mid-Atlantic CCS Chaplin pits with us.  I'll have the shiny new 06 GSX-R 600 with amateur plate #815.  Barber will be my maiden voyage on the new bike.  I sure hope to bring her home in 1 piece!  If not, my wife will KILL ME!!  ;)

MELK-MAN

Quote from: YellowDesmo998 on July 22, 2006, 03:46:31 PM
Thanks fellas, I'm feeling allot better about the whole thing now.  If you get a chance, stop by the big red, white and blue 12x20 EZ-Up.  The Mid-Atlantic CCS Chaplin pits with us.  I'll have the shiny new 06 GSX-R 600 with amateur plate #815.  Barber will be my maiden voyage on the new bike.  I sure hope to bring her home in 1 piece!  If not, my wife will KILL ME!!  ;)

crashing sucks, but if you are going to be constantly worrying about it you might be in the wrong sport. You pretty much have to go into each race weekend knowing that (hopfully much later than sooner) you could bring your race bike home in a box.. You WILL crash at some point if your going to do a decent number of races. Most crashes thankfully are very minor and involve litte repair to the bike and yourself.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Z-man

TEAM CHALLENGE!!!

I've never been to Barber and I'm dissappointed that there will not be a track day.  I've never done an endurance race before but no practice seems like enough encouragement.  Great way to get some practice in before the races.

Z
CCS #79 EX

2007 Sponsors
Speedwerks, Team Pro-Motion, Martinmoto.com, Turner Landscaping, CTR, Redline Motorsports, Oxtar, Pirelli, Amsoil, LP, Vortex