WHEELIES

Started by G13, July 20, 2006, 11:26:07 PM

G13

I have a ?. Anybody else have a hard time with wheelies i can race but have a hard time doing the other. wonder if im alone or can get them up but not ride them.
Just wondering if anyone else can relate

P.S.   
                                                                 i can stopie hehe?

catman

Squeeze your knees against the tank for balance,toe on rear brake to balance out power surges until you can maintain your "lofty" goals! Never saw much reason for it-a bigger thrill is to go through a turn and hardly remember being there! :boink: :thumb: NJ john

tstruyk

I suck at wheelies... used to ride em OK, first attempt on my 02 I imagine looked like that biaggi clip... thats about the last one I ever tried to do. 
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

cardzilla

I'm not big on wheelies, but doing one at the beginning of every session seems to loosen me up.  Of course I would never do one at a CCS event :)

The trick is timing, you have to bounce the front end and time your throttle with the rebound of the forks.  Once you get it you can wheelie anything pretty much it's just a lot more controllable with a faster bike.
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike

Jeff

Get on a dirt bike (small 4 stroke preferrably) in the back yard with full gear on and wheelie away.  Don't be afraid to loop it and you'll find how high you can really go!

Or attend Keith Code's wheelie school...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

jer271

Never done one,  couldnt help u out there,  Dan Ortaga and a couple of his buddies use too do them in all the backroads. I think his web site kingpinracing.com has some footage of it and he could give u some good advice.

Fatkid 271

JBraun

If I could race as well as I wheelie I'd be making a living at this...
Unfortunatley it's a useless talent...
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

grasshopper

Pull in the clutch grab a big handful of throttle and let out the clutch, modulate the throttle and move your body weight side to side to keep it going straight = a wheelie.

Jeff

This should help you out...  After YEARS, this is still one of the most visited portions of the ole F4 site...

http://www.cbr600f4.com/secondary_pages/pguides.html
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

endoracing

QuoteDirt bikes are good to learn wheelies on, because they crash cheaply. Friends' bikes are similar in this regard.

nice...

bambam

Quote from: JBraun on July 21, 2006, 12:20:33 PM
If I could race as well as I wheelie I'd be making a living at this...
Unfortunatley it's a useless talent...

i'll second that motion. of course attempting to race has caused my wheelie skills to lapse somewhat as well.

weggieman

someone recently said, "doing wheelies is like walking past your wife shaking your dick and yelling, woohoo!!"  :jerkoff: