Gingerman Laptimes

Started by grasshopper, July 19, 2006, 10:16:42 AM

MegRyan

Quote from: Super Dave on August 01, 2006, 11:49:46 AM
So, Opie and Tony aren't CCS licensed experts like anyone else on the grid?  I don't get your Pro boxer/cub scout analogy...seems like you want to make the regular pack of regional experts the victim of some other guys that race.

21's that day?  Don't know.  You tell me about the condition of the track?  Same as it was when the previous times the lap record was broken?  Where did they start? 

Bottomline is that you had some very good CCS experts that don't race in the area show up on a track that they don't race regularly and do well.  I'm sure that given their previous experiences in understanding how to qualify, they could have dropped well into the 24's and maybe into the 23's.  If conditions were right, 22's. 
Actually Dave Tony did a 23.7 in ungp qualifiying sun morn on shagged tires without a really clear track. Opie did 24 something right behind Andy who did a 24 something i think. If Tony would have been able to do the ungp race i'm sure a 22 would have been attainable on new rubber.
~Meg Ryan~

JBraun

Quote from: Jeff on August 01, 2006, 12:57:42 PM
They were there to break in motors...  They weren't running races.  Andy's a damned fast guy, I'll be the first to admit that, but I don't see him running in the top 10 at AMA weekends...  Andy himself would laugh at anyone implying that Tony couldn't 'hang' with him...
I realize that, I was just picking fights :biggrin:
Andy also has a ton of laps around BHF. Jason Farrell has run top ten AMA at Elkhart, but he'd be quick to point out that it's because it's his home track, and he wouldn't expect those results elsewhere.
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

fourandsix

Quote from: JBraun on August 01, 2006, 12:45:59 PM
So what excuse would you like to make for Meiring not hanging on to Andy at Blackhawk??
Yes we were breaking in motors for laguna . and i believe Tony ran low 12's on Sat . Yes Tony and Opie are top ten AMA guys. We went to Blackhawk to test some  things also as we can't afford private test sessions like the factory teams. I think tony had some pretty good laptimes for never seeing Blackhawk before , also he nor Opie had ever been to Gingerman before. I think for some of the fast guys having an opie or tony to ride with is a benefit for them to learn to go faster. We are planning on being at the Wegman weekend to ride before our last national. I think Larry Denning will be there too. It should be fun with those 3 guys riding. I have talked to both Tony and Opie and they asked if they should pull off as to not taking any points away from the local guys, my response was only if the local guys deserve the position. Them finishing 1st or 2nd does not change the points really. The other thing is there on 4&6 prepared bikes that according to most on this board blow up or don't work. I didn't seem to notice that at Blackhawk or Gingerman.

racerhall

whats up?  did u guys forget about me    :ass:
Midwest ccs #69
asra #69
ama #66
www.schaumburgaudi.com

Jeff

Go back to sleep Brian.  We were talking about fast guys...  :biggrin:  :lmao:
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

mdr14

jeff, who did end up winning the yamahs money? i haven't talked to anyone and have not seen the results.
Matt Drucker
MD Racing
www.mdracingstp.com

fourandsix

Quote from: racerhall on August 01, 2006, 04:37:06 PM

No i just didn't want to drag you to the dark side!

spyderchick

<singing off key> Unforgettable...thats what you are....
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

DanO966

LOL :biggrin: :biggrin:

Too bad I'm short a working leg... :lmao:
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

251am

Quote from: spyderchick on August 01, 2006, 05:21:10 PM
<singing off key> Unforgettable...thats what you are....

Loooordy, lordy lord.....                             :kissy:

Johnson

I won money!  :cheers:   You all know that us club racers get paid to race  :lmao:

Bubba

Quote from: DanO966 on August 01, 2006, 05:26:34 PM
Too bad I'm short a working leg... :lmao:
Not to mention a fully functional brain! :kicknuts: