News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Gingerman Laptimes

Started by grasshopper, July 19, 2006, 10:16:42 AM

Jeff

I know that on Sun they were registered for the supersport races which were hon/yam money.  With them pulling out of ULSS, I came home with a paycheck.  That was very nice...  Had it been dry though, it would have been fruitless for me I fear...

It was cool to have them out though.  Some of the CCS boys definitely gave them a run for their money...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

EX_#76

Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

cshaffer66

Grasshopper kept his skirt on and stayed home   :ass:
Team Squid Racing

Jeff

hey fellow squid racer.  Since I didn't get the chance to say it to him before I left, tell Kenny that if I ever catch him bouncing off the revlimiter non-stop on the 2 board again, I'm gonna reach over and shut his freaking bike off...  That's just plain abuse...
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Super Dave

Quote from: Jeff on August 01, 2006, 09:42:49 AM
Some of the CCS boys definitely gave them a run for their money...

Um, yeah...if they didn't have something important to do the coming week, I'd say fine, but...
Super Dave

cshaffer66

I think he learned that from Thorsen.  I have been on his back about starts since I smoked him on film at the last Blackhawk.  According to him, he is the launch master   :blahblah:.  Next time he does it, just drop kick him in the head on the grid 
Team Squid Racing

Jeff

Quote from: Super Dave on August 01, 2006, 11:08:50 AM
Um, yeah...if they didn't have something important to do the coming week, I'd say fine, but...

Can you clarify?

As in, we'd have seen 21's out of them if they weren't running Mid Ohio this week?

Sorry.  Just trying to say they were impressive, in a manner of watching a professional boxer whip the shit out of a pack of cub-scouts, and I enjoyed it when a couple of lowly scouts managed a jab here & there.
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Super Dave

Quote from: Jeff on August 01, 2006, 11:23:16 AM
Just trying to say they were impressive, in a manner of watching a professional boxer whip the shit out of a pack of cub-scouts, and I enjoyed it when a couple of lowly scouts managed a jab here & there.

So, Opie and Tony aren't CCS licensed experts like anyone else on the grid?  I don't get your Pro boxer/cub scout analogy...seems like you want to make the regular pack of regional experts the victim of some other guys that race.

21's that day?  Don't know.  You tell me about the condition of the track?  Same as it was when the previous times the lap record was broken?  Where did they start? 

Bottomline is that you had some very good CCS experts that don't race in the area show up on a track that they don't race regularly and do well.  I'm sure that given their previous experiences in understanding how to qualify, they could have dropped well into the 24's and maybe into the 23's.  If conditions were right, 22's. 
Super Dave

EX_#76

Quote from: cshaffer89 on August 01, 2006, 09:54:49 AM
Grasshopper kept his skirt on and stayed home   :ass:

How the hell can you place in the $ race from home?
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

Jeff

Quote from: Super Dave on August 01, 2006, 11:49:46 AM
So, Opie and Tony aren't CCS licensed experts like anyone else on the grid?  I don't get your Pro boxer/cub scout analogy...

Yes, Opie and Tony are obviously CCS licensed experts as they were allowed into the competition.  In comparison (which I will write for the rest of the public since you never understand these things), Tiger Woods would quite likely be able to enter any local country club golf contest.

There was never a question as to whether they were allowed to enter.  I never made any comment toward such.

To help you understand my analogy, I've arranged some simple questions for you:

1.  Is AMA Pro Racing the highest level of roadracing competition available in the US?

Yes or No please.

2.  Is CCS Club roadracing a lesser level of roadracing competition within the US in comparison to AMA Pro Racing?

Yes or No please.

Now, based on the answers of questions 1 and 2, let's apply the boxer/scout analogy.  A Pro boxer would be at a significantly higher level of competition competence in fighting than your average cub-scout wouldn't he/she?  (yes/no).  

While BOTH the boxer and cubscout have the ability to fight, the outcome of a fight between them would be extremely predictable based on the level of competence/competition would it not? (yes/no).

Think about your answers to the above questions and then see if you can't better "get"  the analogy I presented.

End of analogy...  If I need to draw pictures and add color to them, I suppose I could do that.

Quoteseems like you want to make the regular pack of regional experts the victim of some other guys that race.

victim

n 1: an unfortunate person who suffers from some adverse circumstance 2: a person who is tricked or swindled [syn: dupe]

By definition, I guess you could make the conclusion, yes.  However, that was not my intention, as stated with comments such as:

"I was in awe as they cut through the pack"
"It was cool to have them out though."
"Just trying to say they were impressive"

Personally, I don't care if Mladin, Duhammel and the Haydens show up.  I'll race with them.  They just don't happen to show up though, I can only presume, because they understand their own level of competition and stay within it.

So Dave, now that I've gone through painstaking efforts to be crystal clear on my points, what is it that you're trying to convey?

When I state that some of the CCS experts gave these guys a run for their money and you state:
QuoteUm, yeah...if they didn't have something important to do the coming week, I'd say fine, but...

What are you trying to say here?  I'm interpreting this as "there was no competition here.  these local guys were a joke".  That being the case, why bother showing up? The level of competition is obviously far beneath these two...

I find it funny that Jim replies with (what I interpreted as) kudos for the local guys while you reply with something quite different.
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

JBraun

Quote from: Super Dave on August 01, 2006, 11:08:50 AM
So what excuse would you like to make for Meiring not hanging on to Andy at Blackhawk??
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

Jeff

Quote from: JBraun on August 01, 2006, 12:45:59 PM
So what excuse would you like to make for Meiring not hanging on to Andy at Blackhawk??

They were there to break in motors...  They weren't running races.  Andy's a damned fast guy, I'll be the first to admit that, but I don't see him running in the top 10 at AMA weekends...  Andy himself would laugh at anyone implying that Tony couldn't 'hang' with him...
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest