Started by grasshopper, July 19, 2006, 10:16:42 AM

Jeff

Winning experts are like 25's... 
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

PaulV

I think Robbie Jensen set the track record somewhere in the 23's or 4's last year.

I could be mistaken though.....Jeff....?

Paul
Polar-Optics
See Better, Ride Safer!

jer271

I belive it was 24s paul-robbies record- Edgar would know,  hes robbies biggest fan, my fatass was in the 26-27 range 1st outing.  2nd time around 28s and the motor blew.

jer271

Jeff

Pauly, I think he did get into the 23's, but maybe not.  I know I ran a 27 before I destroyed my bike in a most spectacular crop-dusting of the infield with titanium.  Pretty sure I was on a 26 lap at that point.  There's just so much a rear tire can take accelleration wise when at maximum lean...  I found it!

As a generality, low 20's are basically impossible.
Mid 20's are fast expert
High 20's are average expert, very fast amateur
Low 30's are average amateur
Mid 30's slow amateur
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Bigsexy

Jeff can you give me an idea of how big the track is i saw the map with the lengths of the straights but i can picture it can you compair the track length to Blackhawk and Mid West tracks we've been to so far.
i ride a 1000 and still not 100% sure i want to drive 12 hours to race this one.
thanks
Rob

extrakt0r

Rob,

I have onboard video from Gingerman on my website from last year...

www.teamsimoneracing.com
Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

jer271

Ease with the throtle youll be fine,  its too much fun to miss this track,  u w ill learn alot at gingerman.

Jeff

It's been my favorite track for the last 3 years.  I absolutely love it.  It is about the same length as blackhawk, but it is more technical.  The corners flow well.  Ameneties(sp?) are probably the best you will find.  Clean, stocked and free showers & bathrooms.  Excellent camping.  Good reliable power.  Excellent spectator areas.  Good food.

12 hrs?  That's a damned long hike.  But I drive nearly that to get to MAM and Topeka, so yeah, I'd say G-man is worth it.

One thing about the track.  It was laid in 3 strips so there are 2 seams around the entire track.  This either helps or hurts you.  It's pretty much all mental from my perspective.  It messes with peoples heads, but you can ride right over it without issue.  Just use the seams as a reference point.
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

extrakt0r

14-15 Hours from Kansas City...Made the trip twice last year!!!
Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

Jeff

Blackhawk is like 1.98 mi.  Gingerman is 1.88

The laptimes alone tell you how technical it is...  but it's technical in a good way.  It flows nice in my opinion.
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

grasshopper

Quote from: Jeff on July 21, 2006, 02:38:48 PM
Blackhawk is like 1.98 mi.  Gingerman is 1.88

The laptimes alone tell you how technical it is...  but it's technical in a good way.  It flows nice in my opinion.
Quote from: extrakt0r on July 21, 2006, 02:36:47 PM
14-15 Hours from Kansas City...Made the trip twice last year!!!

YOU ARE A TROOPER!!!!

It's 18 or 19 hours to freakin Daytona for me from northern Illinois!

Damn dude!