Thanks K3 and Thingy!

Started by troll, July 16, 2006, 12:00:27 PM

troll

A special thanks to our coaches and instructors at this last Fridays trackday at Autobahn. Thingy showed us the ropes, lines, and kept it fun and exciting. I was grateful to be in a small tight knit group of evenly matched riders, and the opportunity to light it up despite being my first time on a track and in the novice group. I really learned alot about myself as a rider, and my bike (even though i've been on the same one for 8 years!). His guidance, patience, and bottomless pit of advice really made my day and the experience phenomenol. You've created an addict.

Also special thanks to lead instructor and amazing personality, K3. (thanks for squeeking me by Tech too!  :cheers: ) His lessons and style set the tone for the entire day. Seems everyone had a great time and learned a lot, even some of us more experienced and learned street riders. I know we all walked away from the day with a lot more knowledge, confidence, and joy in our lives thanks to the efforts of ALL the CCS guys and orgos of the event and everyone at sportbiketracktime.com that made it a first time experience to remember. Thanks! I know I can speak for my brother as well (rc51) we had a blast!

Time for a better dedicated track bike, and new leathers with pucks! I put my first knee down ever on street leathers! oops.  :thumb:

PS, we got video of the last session when we really got cooking, but the vibes shut the camera down after the first lap :(

troll - zx6e.net

Thanks again everyone, I hope to run into you all again at the midwestern tracks in the near future.

Thingy

I am glad that you had a good time.  The group was a lot of fun and you guys impressed me with how well you did.  The last session was so much fun that the whole day would have been worth it if that was the only session we got!

K3 is definitely entertaining and a lot of fun to listen to.  Looking at him is the only hard part.

Hopefully I will see you and your brother on the track again.  Keep it safe.
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

K3 Chris Onwiler

Wow!  Thanks for the compliments!  That may be the nicest thing anyone ever said about me.  (As well as the ONLY nice thing anyone ever said about me....)
Glad you had fun.  Week in, week out, it's what we do at STT.  I had a blessed career in CCS racing, and it's awesome that as a coach for STT I get to give something back to the sport.
See you again, Troll!
K3
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

K3 Chris Onwiler

Hey Thingy, shoot me an e-mail with your address, phone number, and e-mail.

Bottomless pit of advice?  Well, I always knew you were a bottomless pit of SOMETHING....
:lmao:
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Thingy

Quote from: K3 Chris Onwiler on July 17, 2006, 12:54:58 PM
Bottomless pit of advice?  Well, I always knew you were a bottomless pit of SOMETHING....
:lmao:
Strange thing is... I would agree.

PM sent.
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!