New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Slipper clutch

Started by 1ghiaman, July 05, 2006, 09:42:12 PM

1ghiaman

Want a slipper in my 04' R6. Who makes the best one for the $$

DAmico

Jeff

I'll second the yoyodyne...  There are some caveats to it though.

Here's my write up on it:

http://www.cbr600rr.com/forum/index.php?page=34
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Gixxerblade

I call thrid on Yoyodyne. www.yoyodyneti.com . Fred makes a gr8 product and you won't believe how well you will ride with one. Youwill wonder how you ever managed without one...

endoracing

are they worth the crazy price tag ?

catman

Guess it could be worth it :boink: depending what an overreving engine could cost during downshifts by mistake of course........just a thought. catman

Gixxerblade

I downshift pretty much the same. Just no rear wheel hopping. I got pretty good at downshifting last year riding an SV. If you screwed a ds up with an SV you knew it cuz you were sliding sideways. You should watch N8! sometime. With his shaft drive he gets the worst rear wheel hop of anyone I have ever seen. All I am saying is that a slipper clutch has helped tremendously.

Jeff

Quote from: endoracing on July 09, 2006, 05:32:33 PM
are they worth the crazy price tag ?

I never saw myself paying that much money for an accessory.  I valued everything higher than this item..  Then I bought one after I got a quickshifter (very high end model), etc etc.

I am absolutely 100% sold on the slipper clutch.  I would notch a slipper clutch in the #2 slot, right after suspension.  Before anything else...  Before exhaust, before chain, before well, everything!

When setup right and used correctly, you don't even feel it.  You just suddenly find yourself going into corners with ZERO wheel hop and incredible control.  The mental confidence gained from this alone is well worth the price.

Not that I'm anyone special or run any record paces, but I'm a sold believer 100%
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

endoracing

if they made one for the f4i I'd probably consider it.. but I guess thats what happens when you race what is now honda's touring bike..

ccsracer26

I agree with the others that it is a solid investment and a huge difference.  I went with STM and am very happy with it.  If you are interested in the STM, get ahold of Vahakn with Vancosport for the best price anywhere (even better than the privateer program price).
Ryan Gibson

Jeff

I wonder if the RR one would drop into the F4i.  I don't have any more F4 parts left or I could check...
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

endoracing

Maybe I will look into it with honda ... worth a shot I guess...

catman

I think i like my slipper also because it offers a lil C-A-L-M during races. i have 2 sv's one with one without slipper clutch- the difference is gigantic and i agree w/Jeff its some of the best money spent! :boink: NJ JOHN

1ghiaman

Thanks for all the input! Yoyo or STM seems 50/50. Looking forward to no more hopping, I'm not a good blipper!

catman

Hey Al- YOYODYNE is a forum sponsor  :thumb:Call FRED like Jeff Said!  NJ JOHN :