News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

F-40, slicks or DOTs

Started by raedmonson, June 28, 2006, 10:36:31 PM

raedmonson

I plan on making Barber my first race on Aug. 11-13. I will be running in the F-40 class and I was wondering if you can run slicks in this class? Also, how many classes will they combine with this class?

Thanks,

Woofentino Pugrossi

Since they allow superbike spec'd bikes in F40, my guess is yes they allow slicks.

Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Burt Munro

Sorry, DOT tires only in F40.  Supersport rules.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

HAWK

Rule book states that superbike machines are legal and that all machines must meet Lightweight GP or Heavyweight Supersport requirements. That seems to allow slicks Lightweight bikes, true?
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

K3 Chris Onwiler

F40 Light - slicks legal, Lightweight Superbike rules apply.
F40 (Heavyweight) - DOT tires required, Heavyweight Supersport rules apply.

I've always thought this was stupid, (why not SBK rules for both?) but those are the rules as written.

As to the second part of your question, the race will be a four class, two wave start.  The F40 EX and F40 AM fields will start on the first wave of the green flag, with a gap between them on the grid.  Then the F40 Light EX and F40 Light AM fields will start on the second green flag, again with a gap between them on the grid.

Good luck Old Man! :biggrin:
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

raedmonson

Hey, Thanks for all of the responses...I guess I will be running DOTS. I am currently running Michelin power race but have not been real happen with the wear. What do you guys thank about the Dunlop GP's?? I am due a new set and thought that I may try them at my next track day. Also, Chris... I just barely..... made the F-40 class. The F-40 class is kind of like golf.. a gentlemans class...I hope!

Another question which is a two part. Will I be issued a number for my first race by CCS? The reason I ask,is because I bought my bike from a former wera racer and his number is still on there. He was a novice so it has the yellow plates. My second part is the numbers on the helmet. What size and do they need to be on both sides??

I am glad that I am doing my first race in the CCS organization..it seems to be a real stand up organization.

Thanks for everyone help

K3 Chris Onwiler

Quote from: raedmonson on June 29, 2006, 08:30:24 AM
Also, Chris... I just barely..... made the F-40 class. The F-40 class is kind of like golf.. a gentlemans class...I hope!

WAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!  
Oh, that's priceless! :lmao:  Reality check time!  Put a $5 trophy on the line, and those old gentlemen will happily eat your kidneys with fava beans and a nice chianti!

You'll get assigned a number at regestration, and will then have to find a trackside vendor to sell you the premade ones.  For the helmet, a piece of duct tape and a magic marker will work for this first weekend.
Hey, I race F40 too.  I won't go into how I "Just made it," but I'll bet others will go there! :rollseyes:
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

TommyG

No teasing K3 about that until he`s fast enough to remove the learning curves shirt from over the top of his leathers!! This IS the gentlemen`s class you know!! :kicknuts:

raedmonson

Oh yea, I forgot I have to wear my bright green shirt for the first few races...take it easy on the old guy!!!
Even though I knew there would be teasing, I appreciate all the information on all of the questions that I asked. After reading all of the pervious post, I found the answers to the same questions that I asked..oh well.
I will be at Barber in Aug. I will be easy to spot..olo the green shirt.

Sobottka

what compound? was the bad wear on a cold day?could be setup... i started on dunlops then switched to michelin and love the michelins, for me they wear like iron...
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

TommyG

+1  Most racers that have used multiple brands will tell you that the michelin(race) tires last longest.

Team_Serpent

Pirelli just launched a new promotion  - so if you're looking to try something else and want a heck of a deal contact Trackside Racers Supply - (828) 235-8400 or Racers Supply -  (816) 550-1992.

I run F40 and have run Pirelli for years - great tires, tell either company I sent ya and get the red carpet treatment  :thumb:

Jason Temme