EBC dealers in WI?

Started by EX_#76, June 20, 2006, 04:49:58 PM

EX_#76

Does anyone know where I can purchase a set of EBC HH kit pads for a first gen SV in the Wisconsin? 

Guy 
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

Jason748

No, but I know Street & Competition in NY stocks them and will have them to you in 3-4 days.
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

dylanfan53

Coulda bought them from me, but I just sold them with the SV before I logged on tonight.

"If we had any ice cream we could have some ice cream and cake if we had any cake."
:biggrin:

Don Cook
CCS #53

tshort

I think I still have a set of Vesrahs hanging around.  For my money they kick EBC's b-hind anyway. :thumb:

PS - Guy - what the heck you been doing to get so many smites??
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

EX_#76

Quote from: tshort on June 21, 2006, 12:51:12 AM
I think I still have a set of Vesrahs hanging around.  For my money they kick EBC's b-hind anyway. :thumb:

PS - Guy - what the heck you been doing to get so many smites??

Tom,
  Do you know what compound they are?  I had one set of Vesrahs that I did not like.  I took them out and went back to the EBCs.  The initial bite on the EBCs was way better, and the Vesrahs seemed to have about 10% less power.  I have different set of Vesrahs I could try.  Maybe the pads you have used are a better compound than the ones I tried.  Ed gave the Vesrahs to me, and the packaging had been misplaced, so I do not know the compound.  I am sure that they have different compounds like EBC.  Do you know what compound EBCs you were using?  There are two different HH compounds.  The HH kit pads work best for me.  Most people just use the HH compound, which is designed a little less aggressive for their superlite steel rotors.

My guess on the smites is this; I put the text "Damico is my hero" in my profile to tease Jason.  He probably smited me to get even.  His (and my) friend Kevin Van Egan likely got a kick out of it and gave me an applaud.

Guy
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76

tshort

Guy - thanks for clearing up that Jason thing - I was getting worried - had scary visions of what might be going on under the EZ-up between races...

Re the pads, I tried HH pads (not kit HH) and didn't like them at all - nowhere near the stopping power of the Vesrahs.  I just used the standard Vesrah compound (forget which one that is), not the racey one, and it worked fine.  I think they cost about $80/pair, from memory, if that helps identify them - the race ones were quite a bit more expensive.

BTW, you should be able to get EBC's from the Torque Center, in New Berlin, WI.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

BuellGirlie

torque center went kaput.  i pawed through some of their crates in the store closing sale  :rollseyes:

hal's speed shop (behind the harley-davidson dealership) in new berlin stocks EBC pads for buells, so they should be able to get you what you need if they dont have them in stock.

D

DAmico

hey bartz call badger! or i'll kick your ass :ass:

EX_#76

Quote from: DAmico on July 07, 2006, 12:22:47 AM
hey bartz call badger! or i'll kick your ass :ass:

D'Amico you need anger managment therapy!!!  and apparently some sunscreen for your red ass!!!

Call ya later today cuz I will go even slower if you bruse me all up.

Guy
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76