Props to Super Dave

Started by cleezmo, June 19, 2006, 11:50:37 PM

cleezmo

Just a shout out to say that Super Dave really is there for his students after your class has ended.

I took the Racer-U class at BHF in May. We worked a lot on my setup, and Dave offered more advice via email after the class. This weekend at Topeka was my first event since the class. I swung by his garage probably half a dozen times for advice on setup, lines, etc., as it was my first time there. Not only did he provide some very good direction on setup, but he took probably 10 or 15 minutes on Sunday morning, when he had almost no voice left, to go over the track map with me and offer suggestions when I told him about problems I was having on Saturday.

I also witnessed several other past students come by his pit area, and get the same treatment.

For anyone contemplating taking his class, I would definetely recommend it. The class itself is great, and the amount of info Dave is willing to share after you've paid your tuition is outstanding. Thanks Dave, it helped a lot!

Super Dave

Hey, I'm just running into this.

Thank you so much!  As long as we have some fun, I'll keep helping!
Super Dave

russ1962

Super Dave is just a J J J Jerk.

He also has a heart-o-gold.
Russ W. Intravartolo, EX #47
mailto:rintravartolo@yahoo.com

extrakt0r

I would agree...SD is the man...  8)
Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

ctutorf4i

I'm hoping to get some 1 on 1 time with him this year yet.  Can't wait!!!!!

catman

He does sound like a great teacher,he offered me to come to our backyard track (Summit Point) West Virginia during some emailing last year if I could line up more people :banghead:-i believe its money well spent to learn from various very knowlegeable,customer service oriented racers :boink:-wouldnt mind bieng overseen by K3 after his students' remarks last week or so!I have happily spent the extra$ at trackdays for elevated knowlege.It can take much longer to learn the important things-Nate Kern and Art Diaz know their way around summit so i know where to sign up for now! :thumb: NJ JOHN

smoke

Quote from: catman on July 22, 2006, 12:31:35 AM
He does sound like a great teacher,he offered me to come to our backyard track (Summit Point) West Virginia during some emailing last year if I could line up more people :banghead:-i believe its money well spent to learn from various very knowlegeable,customer service oriented racers :boink:-wouldnt mind bieng overseen by K3 after his students' remarks last week or so!I have happily spent the extra$ at trackdays for elevated knowlege.It can take much longer to learn the important things-Nate Kern and Art Diaz know their way around summit so i know where to sign up for now! :thumb: NJ JOHN

CATMAN:   Four of us did get things worked out to bring SD out to summit.   That was like two years ago.  I still email dave when I have issues.  Like this year ... I had setup issues and he validated my thought via email and I got jhon at ctr to fix.   Work has kicked my butt and I have family things I need to do so I stop racing for now via selling the A bike. I still have the B bike.  If you want to get dave to come back out just let me know.  He's always got a place to stay out here. 

catman

Hey Smoke - i was fairly new then and wish i had been more effective in rallying people or seeing something about it here-I look foward more to next season to jump start new family business to generate mo $ for racing,learning opportunities,like i said i love to hear the message from experience-sometimes it validates my experiences,sometimes not-a variety of the experieced ones seems good so next spring i will post up here a Super Dave class for a time he finds acceptable(will email him first) thanks for offer to put him up!NJ JOHN

Super Dave

Sounds like a plan, guys.  Usually, schedules are all pretty mcuh in shape by February or so, and then we can work around things from there.

Mel...your team got third?
Super Dave