gas tank cover

Started by xseal, June 19, 2006, 02:28:24 PM

xseal

Anyone know where you can buy/get one of those silver gas tank covers like the AMA guys use to keep the case cool while waiting on the grid? 

Jeff

screw that.  What I want is the little thingy that attached to the aero humps on the suits at Daytona.  They held dry ice and forced cold air into the suit via a small fan...  now THAT would be worth spending money on.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

xseal

Ice water down the back of the inner suit does the trick for the rider.  The key is something for the gas tank. 

Anyone, Bueller ... anyone?

Jeff

I guess I don't understand the big point.  In CCS, you're not sitting on the grid for several minutes.  In the paddock, you should be under a canopy.  The fuel will be a hell of a lot hotter once you start racing than it will ever get from sitting in the tank with a bit of sun on it.
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Tammy

www.bickleracing.com

Contact John

xseal

If you don't understand, don't post.

Sitting on the grid happens all the time in Team Challenge, before the race and during red flags.  Thanks for the lead Tammy.

Jeff

Sorry sport.  Just wasn't sure what the big deal was...  you're certainly entitled to spend your money however you'd like. 
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

mvamekanik

Quote from: Jeff on June 22, 2006, 09:05:45 AM
screw that.  What I want is the little thingy that attached to the aero humps on the suits at Daytona.  They held dry ice and forced cold air into the suit via a small fan...  now THAT would be worth spending money on.

the new alpinestars back protector has a fan in it

Super Dave

Quote from: xseal on June 23, 2006, 03:31:38 PM
If you don't understand, don't post.

Sitting on the grid happens all the time in Team Challenge, before the race and during red flags.  Thanks for the lead Tammy.

Exactly...any kind of more "pro" race usually has long waits on a grid and on a pregrid.

Usually, I use a black umbrella to radiate heat out of the area of the tank. 

Great link, Tammy!
Super Dave

251am

I'm just curious how much they get. Where's the link in da Bickle area?   :err:

Super Dave

Quote from: Tammy on June 23, 2006, 12:03:49 AM
www.bickleracing.com

Contact John

Tammy says to contact John directly.
Super Dave

xseal

I got the tank cover from Bickle, came in a couple days, was $100 Canadian, which is like $50-60 US.  Exactly what the Dr. ordered. Thanks again Tammy, came in handy on the grid at Summit's TC race .... 98 degrees and humid.