Started by Chuck, June 19, 2006, 01:58:23 PM

stumpy

We are thinkin' about you J.

Hope all is getting better!!

Team Stumpy
Greg "Stumpy" Steltenpohl
www.teamstumpyracing.com

Jeff

Thanks for stepping up Roy!  Glad to see so many people care!
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

LMsports

Jason has now been moved out of the ICU. His dad says he is getting mouthy. Sounds like Jason is coming back around!
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net

GrecianFormula40

That's great news Rob, thanks for the update!
CCS EX GP #181

G 97

Does Jason or Brad have health insurance?
G

LMsports

I know that Jason does have insurance through his employer.
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net

msbrit1

Brad is self employed. He is a contractor here in Cedar Rapids.  I am not sure about ins for him though.

Jeff

just for those who might think it, having insurance should not be confused with 'not' having medical (or other) bills...

I have a $2k deductable per person!  I can tell you exactly what an ER visit costs with a few x-rays.  And it ain't cheap... ugh...
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

pnther15

Hey guys, I'm taking some things to Jason tomorrow and thought if you guys want to send him a message I could relay it to him.  I've printed off the posts from here up to now for him to read.  If you want to send him a message, email it to me and I'll print it off and give it to him.  My email is pnther15@peoplepc.com     
Jason (and family) really appreciates the love and support you guys are giving.  It's incredible!  I'm sure when Jason can, he'll get on here and tell you guys.

Thanks

David Daniels
pnther15@peoplepc.com
Lithium Motorsports,  Suspension Solutions, Vortex, and VP Fuels

dicatirider944

Brad does have insurance, and it looks like they're picking up some of the cost.

Unfortunately, Brad is still not cooperating with staying calm so they can get the ventilator out. I would like to think it's just his stubbornness, but it's probably partly due to the head injury......    He is probably going to need to be in a skilled nursing facility for about 4-6 weeks after he gets discharged from Kansas City because of the spinal fractures. His insurance will only pay for 30 days of that, so he may need some extra help if he has to stay longer. Then there will be rehab......

Stephanie

Jeff

Thanks Steph... So what's the latest status?  (update Brad's post please)
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

345support

I would like to thank everyone for their prayers and support.  We would not be able to make it through a time like this without ALL of you!  You really don't know how good the "racing family" is to have until something like this happens.  People I don't even know are praying for my husband and I truly believe it is all of your prayers that are getting us through this.  Your support is more than we can ask for and I don't know how we can ever repay you.  I don't know if I've ever been so scared as that minute passed when I didn't see him get up.  I know the rule...if you're okay, you jump up to let the others know.  The ambulance crew did a wonderful job of talking him into riding with them to the hospital (he chose the wrong time to be a tight ass about money.)  To update you on his stay in the hospital...he's out of the ICU and is getting better as the hours pass.  Today was a really good day...more and more like himself.  He is at KU Med Center for a little while longer.  We did not get a chance to talk to the doctors tonight so we should know more in the morning about his departure and his length of recovery.  I know Jason can't wait to get home so he can get on the computer and let everyone know for himself that he is doing great but for now, the LM Crew is doing a wonderful job of relaying our messages.  Thanks Rob, Ryan and Dave!!!
Thanks again to all of you and God bless!!!
Amber Thorson (a.k.a. Jason's Wife)
P.S.  I did not hear what happened to Brad and I don't even know if I know him but I know what him and his family are going through and I know our extra prayers for him will mean a lot to them so please let them know they are in our prayers.