Jason Thorsen

Started by Chuck, June 19, 2006, 01:58:23 PM

Chuck

I caught wind of a terrible rumor that Jason went down really hard at HPT last weekend.  He's in the hospital with some pretty serious injuries and is awaiting surgury??  Surely someone has better details than I do because have been out of the loop this season, but I wanted to wish him a speedy recovery and I'm sure you all did too so I posted this up. 

tstruyk

had to have been on sunday... maybe in the MWGP race?  we left saturday late afternoon/early evening.  If anyone has info on his condition/location please let me know!

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Jeff

I just got off the phone with Rob Oliva.

In ULGP, Jason Thorson took a terrible fall and sustained a significant head injury.  Apparently his skull is broken and there are bone fragments in his brain as well as his sinuses.  I don't have any other information, but will be making a separate Wegman post for Jason and Brad...

If I recall, he is at Kansas City University hospital (that may not be correct though)
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Chuck

Like I said I'm out of the loop but I am pretty sure he is admitted at KU Medical Center in Kansas City.  That's terrible...I hope he is ok.  The post I read over on KCSB said that he was stable.

Super Dave

Sounds like what I heard yesterday.

I asked Rob to make an initial contact with Gordy and the Wegman Fund.  Might have to be something the family does, I don't know.

Super Dave

Chuck

I heard he was pissed he couldn't drive himself to the hospital in Topeka, then Topeka turned around and Lifeflighted him to KU Med.....gotta love Jason's attitude!

Super Dave

Might have been the injury...

But I would like to think that is was his gruff but humorus attitude.
Super Dave

CSBRacing

That's just aweful.  I'll pray for Him.

I'm goin to HP for practice next weekend.  Sounds like when they dumped $15 mil, they didn't dump into safety.

If any of you guys have ridden it since it's been redone, I'd love to know what to look out for...trouble spots.

Thanks.

Jeff

Quote from: CSBRacing on June 19, 2006, 02:55:19 PM
Sounds to me like when they dumped $15 mil, they didn't dump into safety?

There are concrete walls everywhere.  HOWEVER, the 2 accidents from this weekend are pretty freak in nature.  Brad hit the wall in an inexplicable manner/location, and Jason didn't hit the wall at all, but took a knock on the noggin.

Brad may have benefited from a tirewall, but we don't even know whether he was on or off the bike, so for all anyone knows the bike may have caused the damage...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Dawn

Thoughts and prayers for a complete and speedy recovery.

Dawn

KBOlsen

Damn... this is much worse than we'd thought.

Prayers for Jason, his family and the Lithium crew.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

zoner

Jason is currently at KU Medical in Kansas City still awaiting surgery. Sounds like they won't do surgery yet today but possibly Tuesday or Wednesday. He is in stable condition and holds brief conversations between napping, so thats a great sign. All of us here at Lithium really appreciate the words of encouragement and concern and will definitly let Jason know of all your support!