The color yellow

Started by vale46, June 19, 2006, 11:29:56 AM

jer271

sorry for your loss then. that is bullshit, you think having a professionaly paintrd bike that looks nice and is uniform woud be easyer too see. :boink: again sorry it happend too ya.

Team_Serpent

Quote from: yzfkneedragger on June 21, 2006, 02:16:11 PM
http://www.logodesignworks.com/pantone_color_chart.htm

on this chart, what is the difference between process yellow and pantone yellow? ..I will take serpents bingo as a go ahead with pantone yellow. Leary that is has a descriptive prior the yellow though..

Read the paragraph above the chart for an explanation in difference.

GrecianFormula40

Quote from: K3 Chris Onwiler on June 21, 2006, 09:33:06 PM
After recieving some interesting information from an outside source, I have decided to remove my previous post.  Seems someone may not be telling the exact truth about how all this went down.

Hi Chris,

I am interested in what you meant by your post about untruth. Are you referring to me? If so, everything I have posted regarding this matter has been the exact truth. Larry and I have had fun with this yellow plate thing since last season, every race he says "I hate that color", but gives me the tech sticker and I race without issue. I promised him at RA this year that the next time I crash I will repaint it. He has been OK with that until this race. Honestly, someone inside CCS told me he got some grief from the ladies in the scoring tower during the race and he took it out on me. I didn't start this topic, but felt compelled to give details about it after people were speculating. Larry and I even shared a good laugh with a can of paint that I relabeled to say it was Official CCS Yeller at Road America. In the past we laugh every time he sees me because he says "I hate that color" (even when I am not on the bike). I am over it and would prefer to see this thread die. You can contact me and I would be happy to tell all the first hand details about the Yellow plates if you want.
CCS EX GP #181

K3 Chris Onwiler

Well there ya go!  You've been told repeatedly, right?  But you didn't change the color, right?  So they finally DQ'd you, right?  Sounds way beyond fair to me!
From what I gathered after reading this thread, CCS officials had swooped down and busted your balls out of the blue, costing you wood, contingency, and points.  That seemed totally unreasonable to me.  Obviously this was not the case, as you have now pointed out yourself.  I guess I just must have misunderstood.  Anyhow, I'm glad I took down my post about the Nazis, Facists, and such....
:banghead:
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

weggieman

if there is no specification of color, how can a color be wrong? they don't say anything about hue, tint, shade, range or anything else. time for ccs/asra to get specific. gray areas in rule books are a pain in the ass.

also, if in a case like layas where back up manual scoring didn't make a difference wtf difference does it make what color your plates are?

someon said black......i agree. white w/black numbers for ex.   black w/white numbers for am's. perfect! can't hardly screw that up.

Jeff

blk/wht wht/blk

Combined race...  I just picture this pack of zebras running across the line...  LOL
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

weggieman

fact is, any color they say will have it variances so they need to specify one particular color. if it's
sweet georgia peach pink , so be it, that's the color it has to be but not yellow, red or blue because you know everyone will pick their own favorite tint, shade, tone, hue or whatever.

Cowboy

Quote from: weggieman on July 27, 2006, 02:53:04 PMalso, if in a case like layas where back up manual scoring didn't make a difference wtf difference does it make what color your plates are?

That pretty much sum's up the whole point.  Well put. 

spyderchick

Quote from: weggieman on July 27, 2006, 03:27:25 PM
... if it's sweet georgia peach pink , so be it, that's the color it has to be ...

See? There you go. All AMs must now run Sweet Georgia Peach Pink plates with black letters.  :biggrin:

Most excellent Gordy!
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Cornerman

To me yellow is yellow and white is white. As a corner worker I am more inclined to call controll to look at someone for a number issue unless the color was not visible at all. Sometimes with the homemade numbers esp. on the nose it is hard to read. Like was that 10x that was smoking or was that 10 with some bug splatter on the plate. Clearly indicating colors on the plates as well as numbers is critical esp. for the safety crews. As my example above it could be down to your bike locking up or you getting pulled off for no reason. .However if tech passed you I don't understand why minds were changed later. Hopefully Kevin can help you out with this problem you had.  :thumb:

Mongo

We used to do white on black for Novices, they were harder to read than black on yellow so we quit doing that.

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com