News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

ducatirider944 - Brad Neff HPT fall

Started by Jeff, June 19, 2006, 10:15:38 AM

Team_Serpent

Wishing Brad a speedy and full recovery.  You're in our thoughts and prayers

dicatirider944

Thanks again for all your support and prayers - they are helping!  I am in Iowa right now, planning to go back to Kansas City on Saturday for the long weekend. I talked to Brad's mom today and it sounds like he is doing much better now that he's had the tracheostomy and has the tubes out of his mouth. She said he was awake all day today with no ventilator and did really well. He is responding to some questions by nodding his head, but not following directions 100% of the time. He also got one of his chest tubes out today. He is having some problems with the nutrition they're giving him and the feeding tube, so hopefully they'll work those out soon so he can get the nourishment he needs to heal.

It sounds like his body is healing up well, so now we just have to wait to see how the head injuries have affected him. We got some information on brain injury that said the person may wake up and use a lot of obscene language - I can tell you right now, there will definitely be some obscene language when he starts talking......and that's before he even starts rehab.....but that won't have anything to do with a head injury   :banghead:

Stephanie

spyderchick

Great news, thank you for the updates.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

msbrit1

Awesome news!!  Glad to hear that the breathing tube is out.  That's a big step.  It's true about the head injury.  When Vic had his they didn't give him alot of hope.  Look at him now.  He's not "normal" persay but still alot better than they thought that he was going to be. Good luck!

Love944

Glad to hear things are getting better!  God Bless!

Jeff

damn.. i must have been dropped on my f*cking head when I was a little sh1t... ;-)

Keep the updates coming!!! we're all praying for Brad.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

jess

Hey Steph this is Jess from Jess and Al.  We are thinking of you guys and if you need anything please let us know.  Our numbers are Al (319) 721-4384 mine (319) 558-8989.  We are praying for you guys and like I said if you need anything at all please don't hesitate to call.
Jess

weggieman

When the time comes, if you need asssistnce, please contact us. We wish you all the best!

Gordon Lunde
Wegman Benefit Fund

Thingy

Quote from: weggieman on June 29, 2006, 11:17:26 PM
When the time comes, if you need asssistnce, please contact us. We wish you all the best!

Gordon Lunde
Wegman Benefit Fund
Thanks Gordie.  We have printed off the paperwork on your website.  We are still trying to get a grip on his insurance coverage, etc. and plan to contact you when the time comes.  I do have one question though.  On one of the posts, you commented to check on secondary insurance from the track or racing organization (I can't remember which).  Can you elaborate on that so that we know who to talk to, etc.  Thanks again.
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

weggieman

Contact CCS home office. They will have their insurance info. It's not a lot but it will help.

For the track, contact HPT offices and they can tell you if they have anything available.

dicatirider944

Just got back from Kansas City and wanted to give a quick update. Brad was moved out of the ICU today. He is awake and alert, but in a lot of pain. Hopefully the rest of the tubes will come out soon and he'll be able to talk and start rehab in the near future.  :thumb:

Stephanie

BuellGirlie

Stephanie - thanks for the update.  and good job to Brad on the progress!  we're all still thinking of and pulling for you!

D