Number plates vinyl or paint?

Started by cbirk, June 17, 2006, 03:57:33 PM

cbirk

Just got my bodywork painted. Wondering what all of you run for number plates. I've been thinking just painting the number plates on ,but some say run vinyl. Any opinions? Thanks

Woofentino Pugrossi

Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Jason748

I've done both - Unless you buy really good vinyl ($$$$$), paint is easier & cheaper.
Right now I have some cheap vinyl on mine, looks like shit.  Next year I will be going back to painting the plates on.
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

Super Dave

I get one color painted, then all vinyl after that.

Super Dave

cbirk

Cool,  thanks everyone. I think I'll probably do the paint thing

Gixxerblade

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on June 17, 2006, 05:44:14 PM
I painted mine on. was easier.
Yeah but it is harder to clean all the bugs off unless you clear coat it. I did vinyl this time around and it also looks like crap. I am thinking of ripping it off and actually having a pro do it.

KBOlsen

Used paint.

Observation: "flat" finished number plates (i.e., no clear coat) are easier to read when the sun is reflecting off of the the bike).

Yeah, I know, shiny makes the whole bike look better.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

IBFrank

I use vinyl and it is more expensive but if your like Ed Key and are silly about weight it's heavier also. I totally think it looks nicer and is easier to replace in a hurry. If you think vinyl is the ticket for any stickers and number plates call Flip Side Graphics at 715-848-4291 ask for Russ Voigt, he also races just like us. He also did all the embroidry for numerous race shirts that you see around the race tracks, including all shirts and hats for Safety First Racing. I believe they did all thier bikes and vinyled the huge rig they take to all the AMA events. Top notch equip and service too.