Can I do this?

Started by B-MAC, June 15, 2006, 11:45:39 AM

B-MAC

I have been a licensed racer for 6 years now but inactive for the last two (only entered one race this year and none in the 05 season). Taking this time off has made me feel as if I am starting all over.. I got smoked by everyone!

Can I have my license switched back to amateur and "start over" without going back through school, etc.?

Some of you may call me a sandbagger but in all honesty, I lost a lot of "skill" in my time off (somewhere around 5-8 seconds a lap)

I tried to email Kevin but the message keeps getting rejected...

spyderchick

Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

cardzilla

I came back in '04 after a ten year layoff.  I totally understand what you're saying about getting smoked out of the box, I felt like I'd never raced before and I was pretty successful the first time.  I had the opposite problem though, I wanted to return as an expert and the rules stated I needed to come back as an AM.  I decided that my "learning curve" needed to have a steeper slope and I managaed to get my expert license.  I'm glad I did because I got back on the pace a lot quicker... even won a race that first weekend.  Have you given yourself a chance?  If you truly have taken time and feel that your skills need to be re-honed then go ahead and request yellow plates.  My suggestion is to stay and be patient... running with yellow plates is bad for ya' health :)

J/K, AMs.
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike